We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

My wife and I will be in Singapore from 20-23 July with our 3 boys, aged 8, 6 and 3. We're looking for a hotel in the city for our stay.

Our research has revealed that the top recommended choice to be the Kid's Special Room package at Swissotel Merchant Court which works out to nearly 1400 SIN for three nights.

Looking at that amount I'm just wondering whether it's better for me to stay in one larger room at a higher-rated hotel. For eg. a Premier Room at Four Seasons will cost me 1500 SIN for the same three nights and I believe the Premier Room can accommodate my small family easily. Can someone confirm this?

I did read that the pool at Swissotel Merchant Court has water slides for the kids so that is a plus. Any other comparable pools (besides Rasa Sentosa as we're not intending to stay on Sentosa island)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,516 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

<<I believe the Premier Room can accommodate my small family easily. Can someone confirm this?>>

Actually it can. BUT it will be against the official hotel policy, and will be at your own risk - sneaking kids in your hotel room. Will you hold your self in such awkward position for the 100 SGD difference.

By the way the Swiss MS accommodation, location, service, facilities are just perfect, I would not hesitate if I were you.

west australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

Swissotel Merchant Court gets my vote for the littlies.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

Thanks for the replies. What do you guys think in terms of Swiss MC vs Novotel Clarke Quay?

west australia
Level Contributor
613 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

read the reviews on tripadviser, if I recall back in January when I too was looking at both hotels, Novotel didn't do so well. But don't just take my word for it- do look, as things might have improved and it just might be okay for what YOU are wanting.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

I'm now comparing Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre with Swiss MC. Read a review that their 2 x Double Beds are sufficient for two adults and 2 kids older than mine. Total cost for 3 nights is 950SGD, so a saving of 400SGD as compared with Swiss MC.

Anyone who has stayed at both hotels? Care to comment? Thanks again in advance!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,886 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

I can only speak of the HI Orchard road.

I have just posted a review which TA have put up yesterday.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

PrestonTraveller, thanks for responding. How old are your kids? I presume from your positive review that the two double beds were sufficiently large for all four of you to get a good night's sleep?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,886 posts
1,772 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

My kids are 12 and 7. The bed was big enough to accommodate those two. I shall post some photos to go with the review this evening and hopefully TA will put them up soon.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

Saw the pics, very helpful thanks! I must say from your pics Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre looks way better than the pics posted of Swissotel Merchant Court. Leaning towards the former as of now. Thanks again for your help!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,516 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best accommodation for 2 adults and 3 kids

Twin beds easy accommodate two adults and TWO kids, but you mentioned THREE kids in your group, davidkwchong, don`t you??????