We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

I have read a previous post/guide regarding this one, but it was posted way back in 2008. Calling on all destination experts, any update as to what hotels are kid-friendly with conservative rates ($100-$250per room per night, since we're planning on getting 3 rooms ), not necessarily located in the heart of the city.

Last time we went to singapore with our kids was 3 years ago, and we stayed at the Shang, was not very impressed as the rooms were quite old and moldy. not worth the price at all.

We'll be staying for 3 nights and 4 days. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,373 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

What are you looking for in a 'Family-Friendly' hotel? SwissOtel Marchant Court seems to suit most people looking for a resort feel with a large pool.

If you were disappointed with the Shangrilla I fear any hotel in your budget may be of a lower standard.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

I found the Amara Resort on Sentosa Island to be quite family friendly. Even though it is not in the city, it is easy to get transport (the free monorail - only free if you stay at a resort on sentosa) to and from the mainland.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Hello! Thank you for the reply. :) ok then, will take your advice. kid-friendly = with connecting rooms and a good breakfast spread, and away from the seemingly seedy shady areas :) aside from the Swissotel, are there any other hotels that might fit my requirements? I'm intrigued with The Strand, based on the reviews, but i'm not familiar wit the area.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

I checked out the Amara, mmmm....not very clean..if the pics and reviews are to be believed. Anyway, i think i might have to set aside a bigger budget for our accommodations...sigh :)

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,081 posts
58 reviews
5. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

hi, Novotel Clarke Quay seems to have family rooms for 2 adults + 2 children under 16: novotel.com/gb/…family.shtml

Also Hotel81 Chinatown: www.hotel81.com.sg/hotels_chinatown.shtml

Never stayed at both hotels but their location are good.

Edited: 03 March 2011, 06:55
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Hotel 81 is a budget hotel chain.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Thank you so much for taking time to reply, i'l make sure i check out the hotels you suggested :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
8. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Pls be careful of Novotel Clarke Quay. We stayed their last year with 2 children and we almost didn't get a room. Please read all their (BAD) reviews carefully as problems with rooms are common place - something you don't need when traveling with kids!

If I went to Singapore again, I'd choose Swissotel Merchant Court as their pool is somehow shaded due to the placement of their hotel buildings - a must for young skin in a hot climate. (n.b. Novotel pool has NO shade except for the little huts around the pool - good if you can get one)

n.b. Clarke Quay is a great area as there is the pretty river, restaurants, 2 shopping malls and even a proper supermarket at nearby Liang Court (fresh fruit, bread, nappies etc)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Thanks for the heads up! :) I am now more inclined to pick swissotel, :)

Norwich
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Family-Friendly Hotels in Singapore

Some more options to consider in my previous posting.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k4…

Novotel Clarke Quay is OK if you get a good rate and don't mind sitting in the lobby waiting for a room!

Otherwise, the Holiday Inn Orchard has a very nice pool, and nicely refurbished rooms with ipod docks.