We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Family Rooms

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Connecting Family Rooms

Hi All,

Can anyone provide any info on hotels that offer a connecting family room? We have 2 childrem (10 and 12), therefore at least 2 twin beds in the connecting room. It doesn't seem there are many interconnecting rooms available. Nice pool would be a huge plus! Also, is it better to be in the Marina area, Clarke Quay or Boat Quay? Thank you all.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Hmm ... hotel question - it's gotta go to De. But I do know that the Holiday Inn Parkview (Orchard) and Oriental Hotel (Marina) have connecting rooms.

Amongst the three I'd think Marina area would be the best - shopping malls are within walking distance for your everyday necessities. Clarke Quay and Boat Quay areas are good for riverside dining but doesn't have many good shopping centres for things you may need on a trip.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Marina Mandarin definitely have connecting rooms (they list it as family rooms which are limited in number so not available to book online thru' their site but available if you contact them directly - email, fax or phone). Last time I had checked, it was priced at S$300 or S$350. This hotel had just reopen after a huge renovation and is located as your request, at the Marina area.

The New Otani (now aka Novotel Clark Quay) had family rooms so if the takeover of new manangement did not change the layout of rooms, they should still have them even after the renovation.

Robertson Quay Hotel definitely have connecting family rooms with queen and twin beded rooms. The hotel is undergoing some renovation (almost finished) so if you are not planning on a trip earlier than Dec (supposed to end in Nov), you will be fine.

These hotels above have connecting rooms (with 3 beds total - king/queen and twin). Some of the other hotels have suites that has a pull out sofa. As you had listed only Marina and the Quays, I am only listing the ones I know around there that have them. Marina is defiitely a better area for a family than the Quays (Clark Quay more for yuppies and is still under renovation while Boat Quay has not much to offer for kids as it is mainly a dining venue).

If you plan to consider other hotels along Scotts/Orchard Road, I will be happy to provide another list :)

Just one thing you might want to consider is actually an apartment (find it the best solution when traveling with kids and prices are better than hotels as well as having a kitchenette and laundry are bonuses ! The ones in SIN have nice pools as well)

Good Luck

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Your options for apartments are not limited to just apartments, you can opt for hotel-apartments that will be serviced daily. Eg. Traders' hotel (more reasonable than the Shangri La apartments as it with the hotel room rates in each hotel).

Le Grove apartments has a daily rate (most others have a minimum of 7 days) and so on. If you need further info, just drop a line or two :)

Good luck

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
4. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

We had interconnecting rooms at the Intercontinental Hotel. King size bed in one room, two doubles in the other. Great hotel.

Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
5. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Thank you all for your input. I'll check out Marina Mandarin and Intercontinental Hotel, as it looks like they are in the vicinity of where we would like to be. De Last One, do you know if the renovations are done at the Marina Mandarin? We do not want to be there if any type of renovations are going on! Thanks again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
6. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

MM had finished with all their renovation work and had reopened for business.

Have a good trip ! Btw, can you do me a favor ? If you happen to book Intercontinental, can you let me know if you did get a connecting room ? THANKS.

Melbourne
4 posts
7. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Hi Niah,

We stayed at Hotel Rendezvous in mid-late Sept 05 with 3 kids and had no problems getting connecting rooms.

Hotel was nice, pool was great too!

Not sure on the merits of the different locations you mentioned, but taxi's are cheap and there are plenty of them.

Phillip Island
12 posts
8. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Hi MontyMatt,

We are planning Sep 06 with 2A 2C, have heard good reports re Hotel Rendezvous, could you give an idea on prices etc, we will be staying with a group of friends, none with kids with them. We obviously need a kid friendly place.

Thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
76 reviews
9. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

You can get prices (S$118 with all taxes and service charges for a superior room or S$135 with breakfasts) at marimari.com

Phillip Island
12 posts
10. Re: Connecting Family Rooms

Thanks, de last one, I am getting more inclined towards Hotel Rendezvous, looks like a good, clean, well located hotel, with a pool!