We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki
Level Contributor
58 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

Hi! We visited Singapore in April and liked it very much. The weather was brilliant as well.

Now we are planning a new trip for next autumn and I wonder which would be the best time to visit between September and November? I mean with lots of sunshine as we see enough of grey skies here in Finland.

Thanks in advance!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,028 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

Hi MrsMK,

Singapore 365 days with lot of sunshine(No season for this country)

Cheers

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

I'd suggest September technically would be better for most people's definition. While there are no seasons in terms of winter/spring/summer/autumn that we are used to in Europe it does have a rainy period where the chances of of rain increase and the duration of any burst rain can increase (getting some days of complete rain that could wash out the day). That season runs November to January usually.

That said, the difference would not enough to stop me going. Ive been out there at that time before and seen little rain at all, also a few more days with rain can make it easier to get around outside attractions for those less used to the climate as the temperature drops a little and so does the humidity after a burst of rain.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

September is the last month for the "dry" season in SIN. When dry is used in SIN, that only meant light showers rather than the monsoon rainstorms.

Weather has been changing so much all over the world. I used to visit SIN in April coz it was cool then but as the years went by, it got warmer and warmer and now I go there in Feb.

I was there 2 years ago in beginning Oct till end of Nov and weather was good (cooler than usual).

SIN is only one degree off the equator so it really doesnt change that much :)

good luck

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

There's no ''Best time'' to go to Singapore, imho We sadly can only go for a month once a year these days (cost being the issue) and we choose to go in March, and this past March was particularly dry and hot, but we have been other times in the past, June, September and Nov/Dec and whereas it was a little ''damper'' it's never bothered us, or spoilt our time there.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

I was in Singapore last year at end of September; only for 4 days, the weather was sunny and hot sometimes cloudy in the afternoon but no rain

The Singapore 2009 Formula 1 is Sept 24th/27tth (I think). You may want to plan your itinerary accordingly ..

6. Re: The best time to visit Singapore in the autumn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 16:25