We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

directions to night safari

Australia
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
directions to night safari

Could someone tell me how I could get to the night safari on public transport from tangilin mall on orchard?

If i was to catch a taxi back, how much would it cost and is it easy to flag one down at around midnight?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: directions to night safari

yes, quite good. Transpo comes out free.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: directions to night safari

Has anyone else also used this mini bus? Just wondering whether they are safe...... need to be a bit cautious I guess

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
758 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: directions to night safari

i've done it 3 times, march, august and oct this year. :) last 2 times we were group of 6. but i hope others can also post their experience here.

at first, i did think it was some sort of a scam as the lady was just outside with a big sign advertising the package.

we had one experience in august when one of my friends probably dropped her ticket in the van and she noticed it when we were already about to take the tram. we went to the information desk and there was no fuss about where we got the ticket or how it happened. she simply told us not to worry and accompanied us all the way to the queue to the tram ride and explained to the other staff. honestly, was quite impressed with how this incident turned out too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: directions to night safari

This information should serve you and all tourists the hassle of finding the way to the NIGHT SAFARI.

Don't take public transport because you get lost or by taxi(it costs a bomb from the city). Don't listen to all those other advise taking public transport. This is so trouble-free and save you all the trouble. enjoy, please remember to bring mosquito repellents, haha. i am serious.

This service is run by BusHub Services Pte Ltd. For more information, please visit www.bushub.com.sg or contact 6753 0506 or enquiry@bushub.com.sg

This daily bus service takes visitors direct from one of the pick-up points below to Night Safari, and back. A one-way trip costs $4 for an adult and $2 for a child.

Daily from Orchard Road to Night Safari

From the City(Time, Location and Pick-up point)

6.00pm 7.00pm & 8.00pm

Orchard Hotel

Bus-stop B20 outside Delfi Orchard on Orchard Rd

6.03pm 7.03pm & 8.03pm

DFS Galleria

Bus-stop B07 outside DFS on Scotts Rd

6.05pm 7.05pm & 8.05pm

Sheraton Towers

Outside Hotel lobby

6.10pm 7.10pm & 8.10pm

Grand Hyatt Hotel

Bus bay outside Hotel on Scotts Rd

6.12pm 7.12pm & 8.12pm

Meritus Mandarin

Bus-stop B12 opposite Hotel on Orchard Rd

6.15pm 7.15pm & 8.15pm

Concorde Hotel (former Le Meridien Hotel)

Taxi Stand at Kramat Lane

6.20pm 7.20pm & 8.20pm

Hotel Rendezvous

Bus-stop B01 opposite Hotel on Prinsep St

6.25pm 7.25pm & 8.25pm

Tekka Mall (on Serangoon Rd)

Outside Tekka Mall on Serangoon Rd near Jn of Hastings Rd (next to the 7-11 Store)

6.30pm 7.30pm & 8.30pm

The Claremont Hotel

Along Owen Road – opposite Mustafa Centre

To the City

9.30pm - 11.30pm(every half hour a trip back to city)

Night Safari

At the Bus stop outside Singapore Zoo/Night Safari

Need any more info, please just ask.

Mentioned in this post
Night Safari
Night Safari
10,021 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,278 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Hotel Singapore
Orchard Hotel Singapore
4,029 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Sheraton Towers Singapore
Sheraton Towers Singapore
1,558 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Concorde Hotel Singapore
Concorde Hotel Singapore
3,649 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Claremont Hotel Singapore
Claremont Hotel Singapore
324 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Mustafa Centre
Mustafa Centre
2,530 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
18,922 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: directions to night safari

"Don't listen to all those other advise taking public transport"

Oh well, SO MUCH FOR BEING HELPFUL.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,919 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: directions to night safari

A taxi is also a good bet if there are more than 2 of you. It cost 4 of us $16.50 to get back to Clarke Quay at 11pm using the Expressways in about 20 min or so.

Mentioned in this post
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,861 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: directions to night safari

While been helpful, the poster FAIL to warn that the service provided by the mention company can be UNRELIABLE at times.

Where the Disclaimation LOL..........

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: directions to night safari

Agreed with the above mentioned post. Where is the disclaimer. I personally have not taken the above mentioned service by "stealeers". I'm a Singaporean and therefore I take public transport everywhere I go. Yes, even to the Singapore Zoological Gardens / Night Safari. To me, public transport is still the most reliable.

Stealeers: You could have been more courteous by saying that your advice is an alternative, instead of "Don't listen to all those other advise taking public transport". Your sweeping statements makes me feel like a fool for offering directions on taking public transport.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Night Safari
Night Safari
10,021 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Australia
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: directions to night safari

Appreciate everyones help on this issue.

I'll definitely take everyone's info and decide what to do. Thanks to all that have assisted, you have been wonderful on this (esp you Me^Only)

Are mozzie's a big issue at the zoo even with repellent. I'm quite sensitive to mosquito bites and then tend to hunt me down no matter how covered I am. I don't want to catch dengue (i guess no one does).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: directions to night safari

Dun wear anything black or DARK in colour ^__^.

I remember some years back when I was touring Wave Rock in WA (Perth), there was this man from NSW, who was wearing this Black Sport short with a black T-Shirt & a hat that could block the face from the Flies. (And Yeah, we were there during the aftermath of the rainy season, so lots of the flying MosQ at Wave Rock too) AND this man was covered in MosQ bite by the time he ran back to the coach to hide. As for me, I covered myself with Sun tan Lotion that have Natural MosQ repellent and no blood was lost :P (Wearing Jean & a T-shirt).

Buy those natural repellent spray & it should get you thru the whole place.

;