We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

directions to night safari

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
directions to night safari

Could someone tell me how I could get to the night safari on public transport from tangilin mall on orchard?

If i was to catch a taxi back, how much would it cost and is it easy to flag one down at around midnight?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: directions to night safari

You Can try this:

Take bus 132 from the Bus Stop along tanglin Road toward Orchard Rd; which is just after Tomlinson Road (Road next to Regen Hotel).

Map:

streetdb.com/singapore-street-directory-SHOP…

It is that Bus stop on the corner of Seton Cl & Tanglin Road (Opposite St Regis looking towards Tanglin & Orchard. Put Ur mouse on the yellow bus logo & U will see the Bus# 132. (Start from Fare Stage # 6, on route map below).

sbstransit.com.sg/journeyplan/… LOOP&dispno=132&qstart=HOUGANG CENTRAL INT&qend=BT MERAH INT

Alight at Ang Mo Kio MRT Station and walk back to Ang Mo Kio Hub (Suburban Shopping Mall) That is connected to the Aircon Bus Terminal. Go to the Lane that have Bus# 138. This bus will bring U to the Night Safari Entrance Bus stop. Long Journey, but U get to see alot along the way ^__^. So you might want to check out Ang Mo Kio Hub before your ride to Night Safari.

Other Alternative is for you to take the MRT from Orchard Station (take bus #36 from Regent Hotel) to Ang Mo Kio Station & transfer to Bus#138 to the Night safari.

Good Luck

Taxi from Night Safari is readily available.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: directions to night safari

thanks, how long does it take to get there via bus and taxi?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: directions to night safari

Hi there,

the bus journey from Ang Mo Kio Hub will take around 30 to 45 mins depending on the traffic. It's a looping service, meaning that bus no. 138 departs from Ang Mo Kio and loops at Singapore Zoological Gardens and heads back to Ang Mo Kio hub again. The last bus leaves Ang Mo Kio hub at 2345, so can expect it to reach the bus stop at zoological gardens at around midnite.

Taxi would be the faster alternative, though you might have to pay much more for it. My advice is to get out of Night Safari around 11pm and catch the bus back to Ang mo Kio to grab a MRT train back to Orchard. Can save you some money for other traveling expenses.

Hope this info help.

Cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: directions to night safari

Wow, 45 mins. Catching the taxi back will cost an arm and a leg - around SIN$40???? I presume the buses around 11pm will be packed anyhow.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: directions to night safari

The Taxi on a return trip from Traders will cost about S$40. A word of caution: If you are going during weekday & around 6pm, be prepare for traffic jam and the cost can add up.

So better for you to take the MRT to Ang Mo Kio Hub earlier, have Dinner then bus #138 to Night safari. After night safari, just Taxi back to traders which would be a breeze, cos less traffic ^__^.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: directions to night safari

45 mins is the worst case scenario, meaning you hit the rush hour period. Might be a good suggestion on taking a cab back from Night safari, however, do try to avoid the midnight charge. I've taken a cab from Changi to my home at the other side of the island (choa chu kang) and it costed me around SGD$46. If from night safari to orchard, it should cost that much with midnight charge. A rough gauge would be around SGD 30 max.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: directions to night safari

Also, the website indicates that the zoo opens at 7:30pm but there are cultural performance inside at 6pm and shows that start at 7:30pm. How does that work? if the zoo opens at 7:30pm - but the time you get in, you will miss both performances?

Is the culture performance worthwhile?

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
727 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: directions to night safari

outside the ang mo kio station, there would be someone standing outside offering package trips to night safari for 32SGD, includes return transfer to NS in a mini van (they would sit about 10 pax inside). it already includes entrance fee and tram ride inside the park.

i have done this several times already and i thought it was quite reasonable price. if i couldn't catch the trip back to the city, there were the buses that go straight to orchard road, around 4SGD.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
727 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: directions to night safari

i think the two best things to catch in the night safari are the zoo itself (of course!) either by tram or you can walk in the jungle and the creatures of the night show. some find the night show a bit so-so.

the cultural shows i think are just fine if you get enough time around the park. i suggest as you get in the park, check out the creatures of the night show schedule and decide how you want to go about your tour of the park. last show is at 930pm.

i also suggest for you to walk the jungle for the half part of your tour. the tram stops at a station where you can get off and do the rest of the zoo on foot. quite a nice experience.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: directions to night safari

Thanks for the suggestion

>>>>outside the ang mo kio station, there would be someone standing outside offering package trips to night safari for 32SGD<<<<

Thats quite a good deal isn't it cos the entrance to night safari is $22 + tram $10 = which already is $32. So it would be a free ride to the zoo wouldn't it ??? and back?