We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

My wife and I and our son and his wife will be in Singapore for one night in July and we are looking for a hotel or apartment that has two bedrooms. We do not need many facilities as we will be arriving by bus from Malaysia in the afternoon and then leaving early the next day, so we need comfortable beds, showers, able to make tea and coffee and able to walk to restaurants or have a restaurant in the hotel.

We are wanting somewhere that it is easy to get a taxi from as we need to leave for the airport before 6am as we have an 8.30am international flight.

Our Budget would be 400SGD - 500SGD.

I see that Somerset Grand Cairnhill has two bedroom accomodation. Is this in a good location and would it suit us? or are there other options?

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Somerset Grand Cairnhill is a service apartment and they have a minimium stay requirement for 7 days and more. You may not be able to book for just 1 nite with them. Somerset Grand Cairnhill is conveniently located near Orchard Road albeit in a residential area. However, I would suggest that you go for Somerset Liang Court. They are located above a shopping mall and it's easier to catch a taxi here. Liang Court is next Clarke Quay and the Singapore River. There are an abundance of restaurants and cafes at Clarke Quay.

Somerset properties are listed at Wotif website ( http://www.wotif.com.sg ) for last minute bookings and allows you to book for 1 nite. Do check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,302 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Liang Court
Liang Court
48 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,870 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore River
Singapore River
1,669 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

U should look at Quality hotel's Family suite, it is in a local neighborhood, plenty of choices for food and at your doorstep.

If not, try I know the Grand Mercure Roxy has an Executive suite that had an adjoining bedroom (interconnected rooms) so it will become a 2 bedroom suite. This is ideal coz of location of the hotel (in a local neighborhood and so close to the hotel (they offer complimentary shuttles to and and from airport)

Good LUck

Mentioned in this post
Grand Mercure Singapore Roxy
Grand Mercure Singapore...
4,983 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Another good alternative is the new boutique Link hotel. U can each have ur own executive room (with ur own living room) or suite at very reasonable prices in a local neighborhood with shuttles to town. U wont lack choices for food !

Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Link Hotel
Link Hotel
327 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
6,614 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

http://www.linkhotel.com.sg/index.htm

Check out their amazing rates (promotion pages) !!!

Sinapore
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

For one night take two upstairs rooms somewhere like the Scarlet. To get a taste of Singapore no need to stay near the airport. It is so close from new Marina Sth onramp in the CBD. I do not reccommend the Roxy for an afternoon and night stay to see enough in a short duration.

Walk through thePagoda St markets, check out the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple cruise through the hushed Asian Civilisations museum, Promenade along the river at night and you will feel like you've seen Singapore. You will be right in the heart of things.

Mentioned in this post
The Scarlet Singapore
The Scarlet Singapore
1,684 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Are those rooms at the Scarlet interconnecting, as I am considering apartment VS interconnecting room in hotel.

Mentioned in this post
The Scarlet Singapore
The Scarlet Singapore
1,684 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Karratha, Western...
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Hi Guys

We stayed at the Somerset Grand Cairnhill in July last year. We had a 2 bedroom apartment and was excellent. But it has a minimum of a 7 Day Stay.

Awesome location 2 min walk to Orchard Rd. You will more than likely find all serviced apartments will be the same.

2 rooms may be the answer, but have you seen the prices......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

Yes I have seen the prices. It is rather intimidating if you are a family and really like to have personal space! From looking at the Somerset website the second bedroon at the Somerset Cairnhill does have 2 single beds whilst many other apartments only have one single bed in the second bedroom? Also if anyone has been to the Somerset Cairnhill, I was wondering about the laundry situation. I believe there isn't a washing machine in the apartment - you have to go elsewhere on the premises. Is this correct?

Oklahoma city, OK
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

You might try Frasier suites or Frasier Place. I have found them to be nice and occasionally they will run a special.

Karratha, Western...
Level Contributor
185 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Bedroom accomodation in Singapore

The 2 bed apartment we had at Somerset Grand Cairnhill had 2 single beds in the second bedroom which is why we chose to go there as like you said alot of the other apartments only offer one single bed in the second room. We had 2 teenagers (boy and girl) so no personal space at all for them. Though a bonus was we had 2 bathrooms. The apartment was lovely and yes we had our own washer/dryer in the apartment.