We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lung conditions and the heat

essex
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Lung conditions and the heat

Has any one travelled and has a lung condition? How did you find it?

6 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

Your doctor must be able to consult you on this matter. None of us in this forum knows your diagnosis and familiar with your health issues.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,984 posts
840 reviews
2. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

Hi,

We are in Singapore right now. The weather is good. We don’t have problems with the heat.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,144 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

I have severe emphysema and had no unusual problems in Singapore in March this year.

Level Contributor
153 posts
286 reviews
4. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

My asthma, although well controlled now, nearly ended me twice, and on a trip to Singapore (and any other hot countries for that matter) I didn't have any issue, though I always keep my medication close at hand - just in case. I've also been to places like Beijing, famed for its pollution, and I didn't suffer anything untoward.

However, as pointed out OP, we don't know your history (health wise), nor would most (all?) of us be qualified to answer even if we did. We can only tell you our personal experiences, and, as alluded to, you'd be best to seek advice from your doctor.

If you do venture to Singapore, you're going to love it. :D

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
274 reviews
5. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

I also have asthma, and have no problems in Singapore, except when the haze came. Smoke from burning wood is a major problem for me.

ReviewChimp, interesting comment about Beijing. Some friends went there, the wife is seriously asthmatic. she was the only one not affected by the pollution, in fact her breathing improved. Everybody else had problems.

Level Contributor
153 posts
286 reviews
6. Re: Lung conditions and the heat

@HeatSeekerWrexham_UK - yeah before heading to Beijing I made sure I had my medication and spares of, and I also considered buying a suitable face mask. Like I said my asthma is under control, but it has, in the past, almost shuffled me off of this mortal coil. Whilst it was clear there was a pollution issue (I swear I never saw the sun or sky the whole time) I don't think my breathing improved but at the same time it was made no worse.

In Singapore, I found the heat/humidity unbearable sometimes, but, again, it didn't affect my breathing at all, and my peak flow is below what it should/could be...

Edited: 18 May 2018, 16:56
Reply to: Lung conditions and the heat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted