We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

Bangalore
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

1) First question is about the age limit definitions for the various attractions in Singapore.

When they say age limit of 4-12, do they consider that kids of age 3 years and 10 months are outside this limit? (I will produce Passport to prove this)

My confusion is because the notes says 'Children below 3 are free', and 'Children 4-12 need child ticket'. My confusion stems from children between the strict limits of 3 and 4.

How will my child born in August 2014 be considered this May 2018?

2) I'm planning to book ParkHopper Plus tickets for me, wife, and 2 kids to the River Safari including my younger kid (according to age limit 3-12 years). However the Amazon River Ride says child has to be 1.09m tall. My child is definitely shorter than that. Is this height restriction strict, or will they allow the kid anyway?

Why this strict height restriction - the ride looks like a tame raft ride for 10 mins? Especially surprising when adventure rides like Luge allow kids above 85cms.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
7 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

1. When the age is specified to be between 4-12 yrs, then any age less than 4 yrs is considered outside the minimum limit. Which means if your child is 3 yrs 11 months and 29 days old, he is still outside the limit.

2. Height restrictions are always strict. If your child is below the height restriction, he will not be allowed on the ride.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,874 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

Some attractions require tickets for children aged 3 onwards while others set this as age 4 onwards. Nothing confusing about it if you go by the age on the day of visit.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 01:29
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,874 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

Unless you are an expert in designing such rides, I don't think it is for us to question the minimum height restriction for safety reasons.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14,126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

There are very strict about height limits in Singapore, especially at USS.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

Safety regulations are de facto everywhere. Otherwise the operator won't be issued a permit for the amusement ride.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

The Amazon River Quest is for most part, just a boat ride. it just has some unnecessary drops (like a log flume ride).

i would not buy the ticket upfront because the ride shuts down when it rains.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride

Thanks all, this helps.

I like the tip about not buying tickets upfront due to rain.

I have some questions around that, but will search for existing answers first.

Reply to: Age criteria definition and Amazon River Ride
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted