We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia

Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 21:25

12 replies to this topic
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia

holidayfan1868, hi

IMHO AA is in the OK category. May be tricky if you plan a landisde unprotected connection in SIN with the same day international arrival,., In this case allocate enough time for what if etc...

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,922 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia

AirAsia is proud in announcing that they are the best low-cost carrier in the world so we can assume that they are reliable. Changi Airport is also the beat in the world so at least you are dealing with efficient companies.

https://www.airasia.com/ot/en/press-releases…

Mentioned in this post
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia

Hello, Air Asia is good as long as you remember you are flying with a budget airline: tight baggage weight, additional chargeable fees and services, ...

Silk Air is a full service airline, subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. You may also consider Scoot airlines, budget airline and subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
4. Re: Air Asia

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia

Just be aware that AA operates from T4 and T4 is not connected to the other terminals.

6. Re: Air Asia

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia

@holidayfan1868

you are most welcome., happy travels!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia

I had bought a flight of AA for May 28th from Singapore to Bali. Guess what, just last week they mailed me and said the flight departing at 6 pm will now depart at 945 pm! They gave me an option for full refund on mail and asked to contact thier customer support. I have been calling, emailing, tweeting, filing eforms, past one week to get an acknowledgement that I will get the full refund as thier call centre told me this booking doesn't have an option of full refund.

Now since I have holidays planned in Bali, I had no option but to go ahead and book another airline so I did book Scoot. You don't know how good the airline and it's customer support is until an issue such as this arises but i rate Air Asia the worst for such

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia

Actually, this can happen with any budget airline. Air Asia is already quite good as they have many flights in a day so you can still travel on the same day. I had Jetstar cancelling my flight the night before and offering me an alternative flight on a different day and it took me many minutes on the phone navigating the automated "smart" voice recognition system to get hold of a real person. There is no refund if you reject the alternate flight. After you write in, they just give you a useless S$50 voucher on your next flight that must be used within the 6 months.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 12:38
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia

End of the day, don't expect great customer service from budget airlines as they run a lean ship and can't have a lot of manpower. Many things are automated or outsourced.

Reply to: Air Asia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted