We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Transit Visa at Singapore Required - Tigerair(Flyscoot)

Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Is Transit Visa at Singapore Required - Tigerair(Flyscoot)

Hi,

I am an Indian travelling from Bangalore (India) to Hanoi (Vietnam) via Singapore. I booked Scoot Airlines ticket (the ticket says Tigerair (Flyscoot). The ticket is for connecting flights as part of a single booking itinerary. Layover is 1 hr 30 min. I plan to carry a carry-on-luggage and do not plan to check in any other luggage.

Will I be given both the tickets at Bangalore itself? Since this is a budget airline do I need a Transit Visa? If so, how to get it in advance via Scoot Thru?

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
1 reply
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Transit Visa at Singapore Required - Tigerair(Flyscoot)

If you have ScootThru then you can remain airside and never interact with Singapore immigration. That means no visa required. Scoot can do this on single ticket travel that transit through Changi.

If it had been different budget airlines you were travelling with or the trip was bought as two separate tickets from Scoot then you do not have this option and would have needed a visa, and it would have needed to be standard touist visa arranged in advance as Singapore has neither transit visa types nor visas in advance.

So ScootThru is the key thing to check for on your ticket. If you have it, then no visa required.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Changi Airport
Changi Airport
Singapore, Singapore
Reply to: Is Transit Visa at Singapore Required - Tigerair(Flyscoot)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted