We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip

Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Family trip

Hi

Planning for family trip with wife and two son 6 and 16 years. First time.

Will book flight myself and looking to book Hyatt myself.

Should I book rest of package thru some agent or can be done there itself. Convenient and cheaper option??

Trip can be for 4 to 5 nights.

Common places like santosa zoo night safari bird park universal studios etc

Any suggestions!!

3 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip

You can do it free and easy in Singapore. Easy enough to do it and most visitors do it this way too.

Now, if you are interested to plan you own itinerary, what I would suggest to you right now is to do the following:

1) Select the attractions/activities that you definitely under no circumstance you would want to miss. This means, these attractions/activities are guaranteed a place in your itinerary. For a start maybe you should just choose 5.

2) Then select the attractions/activities that you are very interested in but if you don't have a choice, you are prepared to forgo these attractions/activities.

3) Then select the attractions/activities that you would like to do if you have time for them. These are the fillers for your itinerary.

After you have this list, then you can plan your itinerary properly.

Now to plan your itinerary properly, you need to figure out where each attraction is, how to get there and the time required to get there from your hotel and the time needed to travel between attractions. Once you have this information, then you can start to put each attraction into each day in your itinerary and make adjustments along the way.

Useful Sites for what to see and do in Singapore:

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/

http://www.visitsingapore.com/en.html

For the Sentosa Play Passes, you can refer to the official site:

https://store.sentosa.com.sg/main/packages

For transport routing, you can use the website below:

www.gothere.sg

You can also download the gothere.sg app from the app stores.

Between 4 and 5 nights, I would suggest 5 nights or maybe even stretch it to 6 or 7 nights if you can afford it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family trip

Just take note that one of your children will be considered as an adult as he is over the age of 12. So if you want everyone to stay together in a room, you will need to find a family room that can sleep 3 adults and a child.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family trip

It may not be cheaper but you get more flexibility. You don't have to follow a timetable drawn up by the tour operator or scramble to make overseas calls to the agent if something didn't go as arranged (eg missed pickups). You can leave early if you find an attraction not suitable for you or stay as long as you like at an attraction you enjoy.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 21:05
Reply to: Family trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted