We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable car to Sentosa question

Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cable car to Sentosa question

I'm really not comfortable with heights...they have been known to cause full anxiety attacks. But my friend really wants to take one to Sentosa Island. Do you get a whole one to yourselves? Or do they load u in with 20 strangers? I think I could do it if it's just the 2 of us but if there's other people I think i will just get a taxi and meet her there.

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable car to Sentosa question

max capacity is 8 pax, iirc. if it’s not busy they will usually let you have your own car.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,373 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable car to Sentosa question

If it is that bad for you then I would consider not tempting fate. Meet them at the cable car station on Sentosa if they want to ride it. If you both start at Harbourfront MRT, then in about the time it takes them to go up to Mount Faber and back to Sentosa on the cable car (to get the majority of the ride and use the circuit ticket) you can cross to Sentosa yourself on foot and get up to Imbiah and the station exit. Neither should be waiting for the other for a great deal of time if you do it like that. They get the ride and you get a pleasant walk.

If you do decide to ride the thing then be aware that there are three stations and so a total of 6 stops in a circuit so you can get off if necessary at any point, recover and either decide to carry on after recovery or abandon and use an alternate route. My experience is that if it isn't very busy its usually just my wife and I in a cab.

As an aside, if you haven't settled on the hotel yet and they suggest the Pan Pacific in the Marina area then refuse - its hollow core construction so you can see down to the ground from any level - the corridor are open onto that hollow core a few feet from the room doors and the lifts are glass sided and some are on the outside of the building. Great hotel, I would stay there in a shot if offered but for people with heights issues its not the place to go.

Mentioned in this post
Mount Faber
Mount Faber
318 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,769 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,904 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable car to Sentosa question

Which attraction are you visiting after the cable car? It may be a better idea to meet there instead.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 18:21
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable car to Sentosa question

Remembering from my last visit- I didn't like the cable car, and if you could be a bit frightened, I would suggest skipping it! I'm not un-brave, but if it's windy, it rocks a bit, and I was surprised how much it unnerved me.

Just have a second plan ready in case you back out. :)

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cable car to Sentosa question

\over the years I've got used to the cable car, but at first I found it scary coming out of a high rise building and instantly being high above the ground.

At least the cabins are enclosed, have a look at photos of the cable car, and make your own decision. As Myrm suggests, you can always back out if you find it too upsetting.

Reply to: Cable car to Sentosa question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted