We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer Question

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
356 posts
25 reviews
Airport Transfer Question

I will be arriving 7 30 AM Terminal 2 on a united flight

Will be leaving on a Jet Star flight at 9 15 AM - no checked luggage

Are they in the same terminal? Do I need to clear immigration? Any other tips

Thanks

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,245 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Hi,

Jetstar operates out of T1. You need to clear immigration, customs and then make your way to T1 to check in for your Jetstar flight. You can take the skytrain and it will only take about 10 minutes to transfer terminal, including walking to and waiting at the skytrain station.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Just pray that your united flight is not delayed. Jetstar counter closes 45 mins before departure if I remember correctly, thus leaving you 1hr 15 mins to check in for your Jetstar flight.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Airport Transfer Question

>>thus leaving you 1hr 15 mins <<

Check-in closes 45 mins before departure and the boarding gate closes 15mins before departure so he only has 1h. It is pretty tight in my opinion and doesn't allow for flight delays, flight rescheduling and occasionally long queues at the Immigration.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 10:41
Level Contributor
159 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Airport Transfer Question

I suggest you do online check in for your jetstar flight in order to save some time. If that is done you can stay on the air side and take the sky train to from T1 to T2 (train takes no more than 3min)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,356 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Which destination is your Jetstar flight going to?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Airport Transfer Question

@ong t, Even if OP does online checkin for his jetstar flight, he still has to make it to the Jetstar counter to get his boarding passes. He still has to pass through immigration to do so.

The issue I have with this short connecting time is that a 30 mins delay in the arrival time of his united flight will most probably cause him to miss his jetstar flight.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Airport Transfer Question

1:45 for the unprotected connection is, of course risky...

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
742 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Jetstar has a "straight to gate" service for some flights departing Singapore. You can check if you meet the requirements, or contact their customer service.

https:/…straight-to-gate

San Francisco...
3 posts
9. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Why can't op take the skytrain or walk from T2 to T1 without the need to clear immigration? All the terminals are connected in Changi, no?

SAN DIEGO
Level Contributor
356 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: Airport Transfer Question

Why can't op take the skytrain or walk from T2 to T1 without the need to clear immigration? All the terminals are connected in Changi, no?

That is what I am confused about? If boarding pass is printed out - can't I just walk to gate for jetstar?

Reply to: Airport Transfer Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted