We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Hello everyone

I’m going with wife and 2 teens to Singapore. We will be there on 7 and 8 July (2 full days). Could someone please suggest a possible itinerary.

Is there Uber or better to take public transport? Is it easy to buy tickets etc?

Reasonably priced places to eat etc?

Thanking you in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
17 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

There is no one-size-fits-all and we don't know you and your interests so pls do some prior research on your own. TA forum members are just travellers like yourself who choose to volunteer some time on the forum and not travel agents so there are no readymade itineraries on demand or on request.

A guide on how to use TripAdvisor to plan your trip, written by our Destination Expert Avanti_SG

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13XfoX15Z…

A guide on activities for children written by our DE Avanti_SG

https:/…mobilebasic

Useful sites on what you can do and see in Singapore:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attractions-g…

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/

http://www.visitsingapore.com/en.html

Information on attraction ticket prices, opening hours and how to get there, etc can all be found on the official websites of the attractions and many also have an FAQ page which should be a must read for anyone contemplating a visit there.

For planning transport routes and cost:

https://gothere.sg

There is no Uber here. Taxis are metered and easily available. You can also use Grab but it is not necessarily cheaper. The MRT is cheap and efficient.

Hawker centres (natural ventilation) and food courts (air-conditioned) are where the masses dine and are generally affordable and there is a lot of variety to choose from. No tissues are provided.

Once you have a draft of your daily itinerary, you can post here for advice on whether it is achievable or how it can be improved. Happy planning.

Edited: 09 May 2018, 17:12
Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Well, with 2 teens and if they like USS and Sentosa, then just spend both days on Sentosa. More than enough activities there to fill up both days.

Uber isn't operating anymore. Only grab and taxis are available. You could also use the MRT and buses.

Dining options depends on what you want to eat. Food courts are available in all shopping malls and they serve a variety of food.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Thanks!

I realise that everyones tastes are different. I was just trying to get a rough idea of what the must do things for the majority are. You know, if someone asked me about London then I'd say Big Ben, Tower Bridge, London eye etc etc.

Thanks for the info regarding eating out and transportation.

Saj

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

One day for GBTB, Chinatown (including hawker food), Marina Bay, maybe River Cruise, & the 2 light shows.

The other day for either Sentosa (non-USS, especially the adventure activities) or the Zoo, plus chilli crabs or Race Course Road for dinner.

Take taxi only to the Zoo (outlying area).

Mentioned in this post
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,688 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
11,238 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

The problem is that with only 2 days, you can only do a very limited selection of attractions. So basically you need to see what you and your family are interested in and focus on doing those.

For visitors to Singapore, the most popular attractions they usually do would be Gardens by the Bay, the wild life parks, Sentosa including USS, Merlion Park, MBS, River Cruise, Singapore Flyer, Botanic Gardens. Areas to explore and walk around for shopping etc will be Little India, Chinatown, Kg Glam, Joo Chiat, Bugis, Arab Street etc.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
48,482 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Merlion Park
Merlion Park
8,314 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Flyer
Singapore Flyer
15,705 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore Botanic Gardens
Singapore Botanic Gardens
16,816 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Little India
Little India
3,567 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Chinatown
Chinatown
11,688 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Arab Street
Arab Street
2,070 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Thanks!

How many days are recomendable to see the important things? I don't think we'd be going into museums as they take up too much time to see properly, so perhaps seeing the interesting monuments etc from the outside would be the way we'd be planning.

Again, I appreciate all your comments.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,861 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

Then maybe you can ride on one of the hop on hop off buses or join one of the guided tours as that is the fastest way of passing by the exterior of important monuments.

http://www.ducktours.com.sg/

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

I thought you said you would be here for 2 days only? Or could these 2 days be extended to 4-5 days? Ir really depends on what you want to see when you are in Singapore. Before asking how many days are recommended, maybe you should decide which attractions you want to visit and then you can work out how many days you require. This would be better than deciding on the number of days you can afford to be in Singapore and then trying to fit in the attractions to the available days.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
mfj
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
668 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

I second minxbaby's recommendation - take a hop on/off bus tour.

Hop off when you come to a place that appeals to you and back on (buses every half hour or so) to continue the tour.

We did that over two days (very minimal cost for the second day when you take the two day option - $43 for one day; $49 for two days).

It's a great city; lots to see and do.

Level Contributor
27 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?

That seems like a good idea, silly me I hadn't even considered that as an option.

Reply to: 2 days in Singapore. What to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted