We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
56 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

Hi all,

I have a long stopover on 15th Oct (6AM to 8:15PM) at Singapore & decided to visit Universal studio to kill time. I wont have any luggage with me & planning to take taxi to & from to save time & hassle. My confusions are:

1. I am not sure to have a hotel room option at Changi or at Santosa. If Santosa, which hotel would you suggest if I am around USS only?

2. At what time should I start from Airport & Santosa?

3. Should I buy ticket online? Is the express pass worth it for that day?

4. Will my time allow to see the other attractions beside USS? In that case I was keen to see S.E.A. aquarium!

waiting for your response!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

The 15th is a Saturday so USS will be very busy. An express pass may be worth it, but it might be wise to see how the queues are first. You did not mention if you were travelling alone, but single rider queues move a lot faster than the others.

USS opens at 10, so you would need to be at Sentosa ready to line up by 9.30am. This makes it hard to check into any hotels in Sentosa, where the check in time is 2pm unless you request early check in (which may not be available or if it is, for a fee). Secondly, these hotels are very expensive for something you will likely only use for a shower in the afternoon. Not worth it in my opinion.

And no, not likely to have any time for other attractions on Sentosa, but enough to maybe go for a walk along the beachfront or explore around USS. But this all depends on how quickly you do USS. I would not expect to leave USS on a Saturday before 3pm.

You need to start heading back to the airport at around 5pm or so.

Personally, if it were me, I would hang around Changi until about 9.00am and then head to USS. Ride a few of the more popular rides then assess the need for an express pass ($50SGD for 1x of every ride, $70SGD for unlimited rides). Stay until 3 or 4pm and then go for a look around the USS area, it's quite nice. Head to the airport at 5pm and find a paid lounge for a shower and snacks. I don't think I would worry with a hotel at all.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,029 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

Hopeless R, hi

In your other thread you said that you would hardly have enough time to connect in SIN.....

https:/…78538756

Or it is about another flight?

Edited: 06 October 2016, 18:30
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

I'm little confused. Have you booked a flight or are deciding between two different options, or is your original thread null and viod?

Edited: 06 October 2016, 18:39
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

or even ''void'' like the space between my ears.

Level Contributor
191 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

I would definitely not waste time on a hotel just for a shower. There are paid lounges and nap rooms where you can get a rest and a shower and they will be considerably cheaper than a hotel for the short amount of time that you will have. It seems contradictory to be honest to be trying to fit in as much as possible and then looking at a hotel for your 14 hour stay so I assume that you just want a shower and freshen up.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
56 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

It's about another flight while I will come back home. Striking contradiction! :)

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
56 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

Ames2510> Thank you so much for your detailed suggestion! I am going to follow your plan. Thanks again!

Edited: 06 October 2016, 21:48
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
56 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

ddiggs2015> My flights are all booked. My only question is how to make the layover beautiful with USS.

Benwill79> Purpose of hotel in my mind was to freshen up. I guess an airport lounge is good enough for that, Thanks!

9. Re: Santosa in 14 hours: 14 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2017, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Sentosa Island