We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Hi there,

My 15 yo sister and I will have a stop over in Singapore for 9hrs, we arrive at 12 and depart at 9pm, She has never been to Universal studios before and really wants to go.

So my question is. Do we have enough time to get there and back and still make it worth the cost of the ticket and such or should we give it a miss?

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

In the end, it's your judgement. Check when USS closes on the day of your visit.

Use a taxi from the airport, I suspect it'll take about 30 minutes to get to USS entrance, but if you don't buy tickets in advance, you'll waste more time buying them.

IMHO it's not worth it. You'll only have a short day in the park, and won't have time to properly enjoy it.

You'll be arriving at the busiest time (we normally leave the park for a few hours early afternoon). But it will get quiet for the last hour or so.

You are more likely to get thunderstorms during the afternoon and if these happen, all outdoor rides will close.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

If your sister would really love to go there and if it would make her very happy then go for it. The trip is doable but of course you need more time to see and ride everything. In your case you will be enjoying USS from 1pm something until 7pm only. At 1pm the queue for tickets will only be short as most people would arrive in the morning.

Edited: 01 July 2016, 19:23
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,829 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Hi there,

Hop on a taxi right after existing the arrival hall, you have a fair chance to be in USS at 1 pm.

YES, its doable, especially if its a first-time long desired experience. Why not?

NOTE: i do hope that you travel on full service airline and worry about luggage is beyond your stopover plans? Meaning that you do not waste your time for any arrangements....

Kent
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Personally I wouldn't do it. Its is a lot of money to pay out - S$74 each for USS and about S$50 return for the taxi for about 5 hrs there.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,397 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Yes that should be fine. With no luggage, you should be there 45min after getting off the plane if you take a taxi. There should be little queue at the ticket booth (if its a weekday) at that time (wouldn't buy in advance if you think you may not go if its wet/change your mind etc) aim to catch a taxi back at least 1.5hours before your departure time if you already have boarding passes

Level Contributor
191 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

It would certainly make your layover time fly by :)

It not long enough but If I was travelling with my sister and she really wanted to go then I would take her. It doesn't cost a fortune and you will have over 5 hours there so you can have quite a bit of fun before heading back. If you need to leave bags, there are lockers in the airport but it will take extra time to check them in, that being said it will make you faster to get around than if you have heavy hand luggage

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1,437 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

You should do it if you have no checked baggage. You will get there by 1300 and can leave at 1900. The park is not that big compared with the large Disney resorts if you have been to them. When we lived in Singapore we saw this park as a half day activity

Kent
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

" You will get there by 1300 and can leave at 1900" - I thought most days it closes at 1800 ?

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
8 posts
1,437 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

I mean the area not just the actual park as plenty outside still open for dinner or drinks

Kent
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changi to Universal Studios for a 9hr stop over?

Oh ok, sorry I miss understood

Get answers to your questions about Sentosa Island