We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I have just returned from an amazing trip to Singapore and have booked to come again in April, this time bringing my Mom and my Niece. I am currently looking for accommodation that will fit all three of us and I seem to keep getting rooms that only have a king bed. Is it the done thing for three people to share a bed? My Niece is 10 so not a little child and although I had thought I would share the double bed with my Mom I hadn't banked on three of us being in one bed. Does anybody know of any hotels that offer an extra bed at a reasonable rate? Thanks in advance, Jessica.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,689 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Hello jessica_1983,

There are some hotels that do offer what they describe as Triple rooms, and they generally contain 1 Double bed and 1 Single bed. Others have larger rooms with 2 double beds, or 1 King size bed and you can book a trundle bed in the room for a child. Have a look at this link on Family Accommodation which contains a list of various configurations of rooms to suit more than 2 people:-

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294262-c198410/Singa…

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,556 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Hi jessica_1983,

You did not mention your budget but there are hotels that have triple share rooms. Have a look at

YMCA International House

V Hotel Bencoolen

V Hotel Lavender

Strand Hotel

Residence @ SRC

Good Luck

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,518 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

A lot of hotels will provide a free rollaway bed for a child ( amongst those I have stayed in with a free additional include Fairmont, Swissotel Stamford and Marchant and Royal Plaza on Scott's). Others may charge for the roll away bed. Children stay free if sharing existing bedding.

Sometimes hotel online reservation can't cope with the free rollaway concept and you should book a room for 2 adults if doing it online, after emailing the hotel to confirm.

Booking a tripe room with 3 fixed beds is a waste generally if it is going to be occupied by a child as you can get a rollaway for free.

Edited: 12 October 2013, 08:41
Birmingham
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Hi thanks for your reply's, my budget is around 100 British pounds per night but i'm having real trouble finding anything decent for this price. Much of what is showing up is rooms with only one bed. During our stay in September we stayed at Hotel 81 Dickson and checked out after one night due to the extremely noisy rooms and the plastic mattress covers making it too sweaty and uncomfortable to sleep. I'm starting to worry that I have booked flights and will not be able to find anywhere to stay!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,034 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

check Residence @ SRC. they have a wonderful triple room, it`ll be perfect for your on-coming travel ...

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,689 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

Hello again,

On that link I gave in my first answer there should be quite a few in that budget range. You mention that you are planning for a stay in April, 2014. That might be why you are finding prices high, as its a bit early to book and get a great discount price.

I just did a price comparison of V Bencoolen Hotel (brand new, brilliant location) and entered 2 adults and 1 child 10yrs of age and found it at:-

Wotif website - Triple Room (1 Double with 1 Single Bed) for between 88 and 97 Pounds (usually with Wotif you have to wait till nearer your date to get these great prices)

Booking.com website - Superior Triple Room (1dbl & 1 sgl bed) for 111 pounds for dates in April, 2014.

Have a look at booking.com and enter your exact details and dates and see what else comes up. Good luck in your search.

7. Re: Confused about triple occupancy rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 16:19