We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

I'm booked on a flight next sunday from singapore to thailand on Tiger airs and it appears that i entered the month and the day in the wrong boxes, has this caused anyone any issues before, and is there a facility to change it?

cheers, graeme

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

but next sunday is 30... there is no 30th mth... usually computer will reject it... or u meant 7th but July is over also...

Edited: 23 September 2012, 23:50
Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

No for some freason the expiry date was down as 9/7/21 as opposed to 7/9/21, are dates written dd/mm/yy or mm/dd/yy in sing?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

In Singapore it is usually written as dd/mm/yy.

Define expiry date. Are you talking about Passport expiry date? If you are talking about passport details, please do not worry about the expiry date. Expiry dates are there for the airlines to confirm that your passport still has 6 months validity. It does not matter if it is wrong.

The most important thing is that your name is spelled correctly and your passport number is correct. If your name is wrong and you only noticed it after you have done your online check-in or the tickets are issued, you will usually have to pay amendment charges. However, if you are really worried, you can call Tiger Airways tomorrow and ask them to help you amend.

Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

Common mistake while booking online!!!

Cancellation charges + difference in prevailing airfare costs at that time will apply.

Lucky -if they decide to help correct the error.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

Yes it is the date when the passport expires, all other details are correct though! Thanks for the reply, i may call Tiger when i get to singapore as i arrive on wednesday!

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

Did you have any joy with this Graeme?

I've done the same and don't fancy the call to singapore from UK!!

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,096 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

This is not an issue if your passport has more than 6-mths to expiry at the time of travel. This information is for the airline to determine whether the passenger has a valid passport for travel. If your passport expires in 2014 onwards and had the mth and day entered the other way round, it does not matter.

Singapore, null...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrong expiry date - Tiger airways

So are you sure if yes I no need to call because I do not know the number.please reply soon.Thank you.I had the same problem as the expire date was putted wrongly or something.

Edited: 07 November 2012, 08:14