We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

power points?

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cairns
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
power points?

hi

was wondering where to buy power point converters, we are travelling from australia, to singapore then onto bali, does anyone know if singapore and bali have the same power points, should I buy before we go or does singapore hotels supply converters?

thankyou for your help

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: power points?

we use 230V power supply. U won't need converters, probably adapters to fit in the pins, hotels would have them. See below link- Type G.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_socke…

For Bali, perhaps repost at Indonesia forum. I think its also similar to Singapore.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: power points?

Not sure if its the same in Aus but the airport in the UK is usually where I can find the biggest range of adaptors - including multi-adaptor types.

I use that wiki page raras cited for reference on this sort of thing - Indonesia seems to crop up in three socket types there - including one that matches Singapore, so you'll need to find what Bali is on.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: power points?

You don't need convertors. Your notebook for example should come with an AC adaptor that allows 110 to 240V electricity. Anyway, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore use the same voltage power supply.

In Bali Indonesia, they use the 2-pin Europlug, which is known at Type C.

4. Re: power points?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 22:19