We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to boracay

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bay area, california
11 posts
Save Topic
how to get to boracay

Hi there..

planning a trip to boracay. Can someone recommend an airline? And what airport do I fly into? And from there, how do I actually get to the island?

Thanks so much! =)

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to boracay

My recommendation for a first-timer would be to fly via either SEAir or Asian Spirit from Manila to Caticlan. Less convenient but using larger and perhaps more familiar-seeming jet aircraft (also perhaps less costly -- especially with advance booking) would be to travel via Philippine Airlies or Cebu Pacific from Manila to Kalibo, and thence onwards to Caticlan via tourist bus or hired van.

For more info and links to airline webistes see the travel page at http://www.boracayinfo.net.

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to boracay

I normally fly the Fastest route. Manila to Caticlan Via SEair w/c has a 35min flight or Asian Spirit 55min flight. Both airline uses prop engine hesitated at first but i'm used to it since my first time in 1996 (i normally book thru asian spirit & choose their 4 prop plane). Landing in Caticlan you'd take a short 5min trike ride to the jetty port and then a 15min boat ride to Boracay...from the port in boracay you get a trike to your resort. the whole trip once you take off from manila should take +-2hrs to your resort room ;)

the other route manila to kalibo uses the bigger airlines like Philippine Airline, Cebu Pacific and Air Philippines. difference w/ this route is you add another +-1.5hour landride from kalibo to caticlan jetty port.

hope this helps!!!! Have Fun ;)

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to boracay

Hi Billydgates - how do you know from their Asian Spirit's website which are 4 prop? i am hesitant to fly in a smaller aircraft as well but i understand Asian Spirit has planes that can carry 40 passengers so that's not too bad and i'd like to get that. thanks.

bay area, california
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to boracay

Billy,

When flying those smaller aircrafts, what's the baggage limit?

Thanks,

~ lynn =)

bay area, california
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to boracay

Boracay Bill,

Thank you for the website link - it is very informative. I'll use it to help plan out our days in Boracay.

Hey, do you guys think 3 nights and 3 days is enough time in Boracay or should I extend it another day/night???

~ lynn =)

Boracay Island...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to boracay

> Hey, do you guys think 3 nights and 3 days is

> enough time in Boracay or should I extend it

> another day/night???

My own opinion is that 3D/2N trips are a waste of time and money. A 3D/2N trip boils down to one full day at the travel destination (day 1 to arrive and unpack, day 2 is a full day, day 3 to pack and depart).

bay area, california
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get to boracay

Well I we are arriving in Manila on 7th and staying overnight. We plan to take the first available flight out on the 8th to Boracay. We will stay there three nights -- 8th, 9th, and 10th. We plan to leave mid morning on the 11th. So I would have two and a half full days.

I was told by a relative that a weekend in Boracay is sufficient. But you think I should stay longer?

Thanks,

~ lynn =)

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get to boracay

Carleon,

if i'm not mistaken its their Dash7 plane that has 4prop. i think its coded as DHC flights. and i think their CN planes are their latest prop engine aquisition though its a 2 prop it makes me feel safer knowing its newly aquired ;)

if it makes you more comfortable Asian Spirit makes a lot of money they have flight almost every hour to Boracay and their tickets are not cheap ;)

ryd
sydney, australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get to boracay

my first visit to Boracay was last January for 3 days and 2 nights.

well i had enjoyed my short stay but it was heartbreaking to leave on the 3rd day. LOL!

so now im planning my trip again according to my own needs (the previous trip had other people involved) and it will be close to a week of relaxation and fun.

manila
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get to boracay

noelynn,

Baggage Allowance 10 kgs and 6kgs hand carry. you pay Php34/kgs overweight.

I always plan to stay for 9 nights in boracay and maybe shortest at 4 nights....i've been visiting the island since 1991 atleast once a year and most was 4 times in a year.......i just can't get enough ;)