We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,903 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Topic
Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Superferry, Nenaco are now 2GO Travel.

They are providing an alternative to air travel and are currently offering a promotional fare of 460php and travel twice daily. It looks like you can book a cabin.

The website is:

http://travel.2go.com.ph/

Scedules here:

travel.2go.com.ph/schedules/schedules.asp

Or call (02) 528-7000.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,987 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

I thought there's no online booking facility yet for the ferry. Anyway, if it is the ferry then I stand corrected, my fault. Thanks clareirishman!

Edited: 29 February 2012, 12:23
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Buyer Beware!!!

2GO Travel Warning....

we were informed via text message that our return trip was cancelled and that was it...no explanation, no apology. Just a number to call that had a long extensive recorded message that told us that our return trip was cancelled...real helpful...and no assurances that we even had a return trip. When we did get someone to talk to, they had absolutely no clue what to do, and had no authority to make decisions, the supervisor Jennifer the Coward, did not come to the phone as was content on having her employee take the brunt of the "abuse." (Sweetheart, if you want to be the boss, you better start taking the responsibility of being one) We were eventually assured that they would do everything to help us and even suggested that they would cover the extra night. When we told them where we were staying, they balked at the extra night and said they would get back to us...more than 30 hours later, they finally called back after I scolded them on their FB Page. Because no one answers what seems to be only one phone line in their Customer Service Office. They offered to pick us up and put us in a Roach Motel for the extra night in Caticlan, had they offered this within the first 4 hours, then maybe I would have considered it, but the incompetence of their management staff absolutely amazes me...more than 2 days of keeping their customers in the dark and all they came up with was a roach motel in Caticlan?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
1,983 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

How is the 2go website performing now? I just tried to access it, but could not. Is this a systemic or merely a momentary problem?

Are online bookings working at all, or are they still completely 'offline'?

Has anyone tried to use a foreign issued (i.e. non Filipino bank) credit card? Any success?

Edited: 26 April 2012, 19:17
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

it was also unavailable few mins ago when i tried but back up now

California
Level Contributor
79 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Site is working but slower than stuffed snail only allows you to book about 32 days in advance. Its somewhat annoying but just like some of the airlines they post a low ball prices then add:

Non Declinable charges:

Fuel Surcharge,

Webb admin fee,

Taxes, Vat

Declinable charges:

Linen charge

Meal charge

Insurance.

Somewhat disconcerning that they cancel a trip for almost any reason at all.

They do accept Visa and Master Card. If you have Master Card the secure card feature is handy.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Just checked: http://travel.2go.com.ph/:

Travel Manila<=>Boracay/Caticlan is not shown in their Origin/Destination dropdown lists.

thanks, Bill

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Better not to take chances

London, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

Bill,

They don't travel directly to Manila, you need to travel to Batangas and get the bus from there.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

@MartinGoldsmith Thanks for clarifying that for me, Martin: as is obvious, I've never been in the Phillipines before :)

It would interest me very much to know:

1. total travel time from Metro Manila to Batangas, total travel time by boat to Caticlan, including arrival at some decent hostelry in Boracay. Looks like Batangas is 116km. from Metro Manila, depending on where you start from.

2. would the boat journey, in say June, or July, be "fun," particularly for a four year old child, or is the weather that time of year lousy. Would the boat ride be "rough" ?

thanks, Bill

San Juan...
Level Contributor
233 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Manila(Batangas) to Caticlan (Boracay) by ferry from 460php!

This Cheaper option going to boracay will hurt the tourism industry of boracay, why?

expect more junkies to invade the island and then what's next?