We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay or Palawan?

Which Boracay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norway
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Boracay or Palawan?

I am thinking of travelling to boracay or palawan next year. I think boracay looks very nice but some like palawan very much i have read.

Which island is the best? And can i do both?

Can you take a boat from boracay to palawan? Or do i have to fly? I am staying 2 weeks. An when is the best time to visit? Eastern too crowded? Ilike beautiful beaches, nice palces to eat and things to do.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

Two weeks is sufficient to visit both place.

From Boracay you have to fly in these routes:

Boracay-Cebu-Puerto Prinsesa (Palawan) or

Boracay-Manila-PuertoPrinsesa

All connection is approx 45min.

Philippines
Level Contributor
279 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

for 2 weeks you can try both. as for me, the best time to visit boracay and palawan is during lean months. both have beautiful beaches, i enjoyed the marine life in palawan and the wide stretch of fine sand and clear waters of boracay. there are some restaurants in palawan and wide choices in boracay. activities will vary depending on which part in palawan you will go: puerto princesa- visit underground river, honda bay, crocodile farm, baker's hill; el nido- visit the lagoons, enjoy the sights of the limestone cliffs. my simple pleasures in boracay includes basking in the sand, strolling on the beach, stargazing, listening to a local band at the pats bar, welcoming the morning sea breeze, watching the sunset, breakfast at real coffee, sipping a shake while staring at the horizon, dining out and the list goes on.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

"Best" depends on your personal perspective.

Palawan is great for nature lovers, while Boracay offers more in the way of entertainment, along with lovely beaches.

What are you looking for on your vacation?

norway
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

Thanks so much for your help.:)

I am looking for nice beaches.And a little shopping and small day trips to do during the day. Whats there to do in Boracay?

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

Boracay has a wealth of activities. There are watersports such as kiteboarding, paraw sailing, windsurfing & skimboarding as well as scuba diving, snorkeling, para sailing, horseriding, shopping, spas, nightlife & a good dining scene.

members.virtualtourist.com/m/8ab27/157917/4/

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,681 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

One way you could combine both islands is to travel on Superferry (www.superferry.com.ph)or on Negros Navigation from Manila to Coron (northern Palawan) then fly to (say) Cebu and fly to Boracay (Cebu Pacific or PAL), although for the flights you could go back via Manila.

Both islands are well worth visiting, although Boracay is more 'mass tourism.'

Search 'Palawan attractions' and the same for Boracay to see what to do.

I would also manage to fit in Bohol/ Panglao (Alona Beach) in two weeks but if you prefer to base yourself in a place for a while and minimise travelling, my suggestion may be a little too much for you on a first trip.

Outside Manila, the Philippines is beautiful. Take a snorkel set!

Travelling by ferry is

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,149 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

I suggest you go to Palawan if you cant decide.

8. Re: Boracay or Palawan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 16:28