We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

I was so excited to book flight to Philippines for March 2018 , now am confused after reading mixed comments about Boracay where I would like to spend most of time and also visit another island , plus landing departure Manila .

I travelled in Asia and seen places like Phuket Langkawi Bali Nha Trang Zanzibar, non of those places did disappoint me despite that in every place you have some negative sides. I will make almost 26 hours in 3 flights to arrive Manila and try maybe Bohol then Boracay although not sure how to go from to another island . It seems complicated the route when reading comments about delayed small flights , long road trips . Despite all comments I read about Philippines islands and especially Boracay , I take risk to make this trip and will put my own comments later according my own experience. Still 1,5 months to wait , I will appreciate any feedback or advice for Manila ( just 3 days ) Boracay and Bohol or any other island which not difficult to get to for average budget .

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Panay Island, Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Asia
Asia
World
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Bohol Province, Philippines
5 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
3,152 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

You can fly Manila to/from Bohol or Boracay. There are no direct connections between Bohol & Boracay though, so you would need to go via either Cebu-Mactan or Manila. 3 places in 13 days is enough, although you may consider an overnight in Oslob in Cebu province to see the whalesharks

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Boracay
Boracay
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Mactan Island
Mactan Island
Cebu Island, Philippines
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

Boracay is fun, relaxing and a party place all in one. Bohol is amazing. Beautiful beach, more laid back and the whole island has lots of unique offerings

Here are a couple of travel blogs I wrote about my time in Bohol

…travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/…1241773200

…travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/…1241782200

Mentioned in this post
Boracay
Boracay
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

Bohol is the easiest to get to from Manila. It is about a 1 hour flight from Manila to Tagbilaran Bohol.

If you do want to visit Boracay and Bohol. Do Bohol last as there will be no weather issues stopping you getting back to Manila from Tagbilaran.

To get between Boracay and Tagbilaran Bohol you have to fly back to Manila or fly Caticlan or Kalibo to Mactan Cebu then fast ferry from Cebu City to Tagbilaran.

Mentioned in this post
Bohol Island
Bohol Island
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Boracay
Boracay
Kalibo
Kalibo
Mactan Island
Mactan Island
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

OP,

If Langkawi and Nha Trang don't disappoint you, Boracay won't. Unlike Bali and Phuket which have more things to do and places to visit, all live and activities in Boracay are just along one stretch of beach, but the sand here is whiter than those you mentioned and more party-going, once the sun sets.

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Boracay
Boracay
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
5. Re: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2018, 01:06

Reply to: 13 days trip to Philippines in March 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted