We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

firefly

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
firefly

hi all, this will be my second time to bohol island next month with a group of people.

i am interested in seeing the firefly. any ideas if it is the right season? where can we watch it? shall we join a tour?

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: firefly

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1066348-i12327-k3… boholtravelbuddy.com/btbmain/bohol-firefly-t… just contact them and ask

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: firefly

May usually has good weather and that means that it is a very good time to see those fireflies.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: firefly

thanks both. i'll definitely arrange the tour then

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: firefly

And time your firefly tour when it is NOT full moon. It is better to see them when the moon is not that bright in the sky.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: firefly

There are two options for firefly tour in Bohol that I know of: one is the more popular and known one which is from Loay on the Loboc River (which is the link you were given by claireirishman above); the second is less well known and is in Maribojoc, the town just north of Tagbilaran. In this second tour you have the option of using kayaks to go upriver to the fireflies. (Some info on this link …wordpress.com/2010/…

Personally we have done the Maribojoc tour and really enjoyed it, though the kayaking is tiring. Friends of miine have done the Loboc River one and that is also good. Either way it will be a nice experience, just wanted you to be aware there are choices.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: firefly

thanks all again. i can confirm that there is no full moon on that night i attend to take this tour

thanks haribon for your info. i am quite impressed. personally, i do wish to kayak but then the people who go with me are not physically ok with me. may be next time

Bohol
Level Contributor
17 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: firefly

The other option if you don't want to kayak is the Abatan Riverlife Tour based out of Cortes. Www.riverlife.ph. Enjoy!

Bohol
Level Contributor
17 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: firefly

Sorry the link didn't work

http://www.riverlife.ph/

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
361 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: firefly

came back from bohol and my friends and i truly enjoy the firefly tour

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,558 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: firefly

Thanks for the update. If you are not busy I suggest you write a Trip Report so other travelers would benefit from your experience. You may also formally review the restaurants and hotels where you stayed at.

Get answers to your questions about Bohol Island