We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Driver

Hey there,

If we take a flight from Cebu to P.P we may arrive at 15.00.

Since the Roro leaves around 21.00 it may be better to have private transport either to El Nido, or first to Sabang to visit the underground river the next day. What are the costs of a car plus driver to Sabang or El Nido? Any recommended drivers? We are a family of 4 2 adults, 2 kids.

THANKS!

8 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
2,257 reviews
1. Re: Driver

elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/TravelCenter.ht…

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Driver

The Roro bus departs the San Jose terminal every 2 hours from 4am until 10pm, only going direct to El Nido, and there is the Cherry bus that also goes to El Nido, every 2 hours starting from 5am until 9pm.

If you arrive in PPS at 3pm, i would be taking a trike to the bus terminal, and find one of the Vans going direct to Sabang, so you can stay there the first night, then you can do the underground river tour next morning, then take one of the vans from Sabang direct to El Nido in the afternoon.

You can ask at the tourist kipsk near the pier in Sabang when you arrive which is the van who can take you, however i would be taking the van as a private trip with just your family on board, will be easier and cheaper than hiring a car and a driver.

How long will you be in Palawan for ?

BTW, after you finish in El Nido, you can take the RoRo or Cherry bus back to PPS as it is much safer, and the buses depart every hour from 4am until 10pm.

Cheers

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
8,157 posts
449 reviews
3. Re: Driver

When you arrive at the airport and come out of the terminal there will be two agencies to your right and 4 travel counters directly in front of you. They offer vans to EN, either privately or sharing with other passengers from the flight

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Driver

@ Palawandave..... do those vans also go to Sabang, or just EN, as i have seen some vans there whenever i have arrived in PPS airport, but they all seemed to be going to EN, and many people from my flights were told to trike to the bus terminal to get a van to Sabang.

If there are some vans outside the airport going to Sabang, then this traveler could still do as i mentioned (go to Sabang first) but avoid the hot and timely trike ride to the bus terminal.

Cheers

Edited: 17 January 2018, 15:49
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Driver

Thanks...found it already contacted several companies from the site.

Bright say, Laura

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Driver

Hey there,

Thanks. That's really helpful and good advice. We will stay in Palawan for a week. That would give us plenty of time to visit Port Barton, the underground river and El Nido. Will make a 20 days 'round trip'. Manila, Bohol, Siquijor, El Nido. Our kids may never want to leave....

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Driver

Thanks for your help, that is an easy way. Will not need to worry about transport since there are planty of companies. Probably will do Sabang first do an overnight stay and go to El Nido from there.

Regards, Laura

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Driver

Will go to Sabang first as you mentioned. Since our flight: if we arrive around 16.00 arrives pretty late.

With kids the Sabang option seems more time efficient. Another option would be to take the Air Swift flight from Cebu to El Nido. In stead of travelling from Siquijor to Cebu (maybe with an overnight stay since we do not want to miss our flight due to delays of the bus). Fly from Cebu to P.P and take a trike to Sabang.

Laura

Reply to: Driver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted