We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,021 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Topic
10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

I loved this blog which compared destinations abroad such as Bahamas, Greece, China, Netherlands Las Vegas, Brazil, Maldives, New Zealand, Spain and Vietnam to the scenery of the Philippines. Hard to argue the pics!

"Philippines can be a world of its own — it is such a big melting pot of various worldly sceneries."

iamaileen.com/10-destinations-abroad-you-can…

Enjoy!

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,048 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

That's a very witty post. Thanks for sharing tommo.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,065 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

To that I'd add that Banaue's rice terraces by all accounts are more than a match for those of Sapa, Vietnam or Bali, Indonesia.

If we really wanted to get down to tintacks, Saud Beach, Pagudpud, Northern Luzon is even better than say Lorne, Victoria, Australia.

Malapascua Island off the northern tiop of Cebu beats any island along the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland, Australia.

The numerous historic Catholic Churches of Panay's southern coatsline and hinterland (fly or ferry to growing Iloilo City to get there) are like being in parts of Spain. See www.historicphilippines.com

Baguio is a larger version of Sapa, Vietnam.

A great list tommomelbourne.

Edited: 11 April 2015, 14:23
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,021 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

I have added this thread to the FAQs to the right----> <<10 REASONS to visit the Philippines!>>

Tommo

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

Great find, Tommo! I still have so much more traveling to do. Looks like I won't have to go too far.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

Here's another somewhat similar article. I believe he's the same guy who did some amazing videos while cruising with Tao Philippines and the Explorers Wanted video.

matadornetwork.com/notebook/…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,021 posts
1,837 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

# 11 is clever. Unfortunately Im not agile enough to do that. More so after a few drinks.

Tommo

Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

Hey Tommo!

I am the blogger behind this article and I'd like to thank you for sharing! I really appreciate it and I'm even more glad to hear that you (and the others here) like it! :) It was really fun writing that post.

If you want to follow my adventures, you can check my facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/iamaileencom

Hello to all from Belgium! :D

(I'll be writing more Philippine articles soon so keep posted!)

8. Re: 10 Destinations Abroad you can find in the Philippines!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2016, 16:16