We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in Asia

Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Travel in Asia

Hi,

This is my first time travelling to Asia on my own, I am planning on taking a trip to the Phillipines in December. I have 3 weeks to spend but i am not sure what other country i should visit to take full advantage of the Area. Can you please advise!

Also, how difficult is it to find rooms/places to stay locally.

As per flight, is better to book flights to my destination in real time or should i pre-book. Please advise.

any advise on anything important is much appreciated.

Kema

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel in Asia

Hello Kema

3 weeks is not even enough time to see the best bits of the Philippines. So, my suggestion is you don't go to any other country.

If you don't know where you want to go, here are a few places for you to google and read about:

- Boracay

- Sagada

- Banaue

- Tagatay

- Siquijor

- Malapascua

- Bohol

- Camiguin

- Manila

- Cebu

- Palawan

This is my policy for accommodation, for anywhere in the Philippines I have not been to before. Just book one night in advance then use the first day to seek out the best deals.

You get the best fares if you book and pay for your flights several weeks in advance. Especially Cebu Pacific.

http://www.cebupacificair.com/

It is important for you to know that December is the busiest and most expensive time to travel in the Philippines as huge numbers of Filipino Overseas Workers and former Filipinos come home for Christmas.

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel in Asia

Yes, December is the busiest in the Philippines starting with the airport. Traffic is at its worst due Christmas shopping and malls will be full. Even domestic airports are probably crowded during December.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel in Asia

If you want the best deals on flights/accomodations, it is always best to book as far in advance as you can. This is especially true with flight in and around Asia.

Seeing Asia in three weeks is like trying to tour the US and Canada in that same time frame. Impossible. Pick a few spots that interest you and hang out there. Although it is pretty easy getting from place to place via air or ferry in the Philippines/Asia, the entire day is usually spent traveling. That can really affect your quality time on the ground seeing and doing what you are there to do.

4. Re: Travel in Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 10:20