We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport validity

Horsham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Passport validity

I am planning for vacation in the Philippines by October 2018 but my Philippine passport will expires on January 9 2019. Can I still travel thou my passport validity is only 3 months?

Mentioned in this post
3 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport validity

If you are a Philippine passport holder then you can arrive with a passport that expires the same day but if returning to UK will need to renew it

If you are dual nationality and I assume British then you may be better using your UK passport if your visit is 30days or less as Filipinos have to pay 1720 to leave the country

Edited: 15 May 2018, 09:21
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport validity

Of course you can come yo your own country even if your passport expires that day, but you will niot be allowed to return to UK with this passport , so you should try renewing it now . Apply for renewal at Philippine Embassy in London. It is sent to Manila and takes 4-6 weeks for the new one to arrive.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,917 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport validity

OFWs can renew their passports at any DFA passporr renewal center without the need for an appoinment so you just need to go there during their office. You can get your new Philippine passport after 7 working days if you renew in Metro Manila.

Mentioned in this post
Metro Manila
Metro Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Reply to: Passport validity
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted