We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic flight

Bnx
Italy
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Domestic flight

Januay 05, 2019.

Flight from Tagbilaran to Manila where we have the evening International flight at 20:05.

I can choose between 3 flights of Cebu Pacific (08:00 – 10:20 – 15:00), 3 of Air Asia (09:20 – 13:35 – 15:40) and two flights operated by Philippine Airlines at 11:15 and 16:45.

Cebu Pacific prices are more expensive, the other are similar.

I fear about cancellation and delay, so I ask you which is in this lottery the more reliable company you’d choose?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Pacific Cebu Resort
Pacific Cebu Resort
310 Reviews
Mactan Island, Philippines
Asia
Asia
World
6 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,494 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic flight

<<<I fear about cancellation and delay>>>

Obviously you should take the earliest flight in the morning. All of those airlines are reliable enough as long as the problem would not be caused by Mother Nature and if we look at the weather last January 2018, the Visayas region had several weather disturbances that caused flight cancellations while it was very sunny in Manila. You will significantly increase your chance by arriving in Manila a day before your international flight.

Mentioned in this post
Visayas
Visayas
Philippines
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic flight

PAL at 16.45 is too late. I would go for Cebu Pacific at 15.00 which leaves 5 hours for your connection. I always allow 5 hours between flights and so far, so good.

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Pacific Cebu Resort
Pacific Cebu Resort
310 Reviews
Mactan Island, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,764 posts
2,129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic flight

All airlines have delays so this can't be predicted.

I agree that you should consider being in Manila the night before your flight for certainty and you will be able to choose whatever flight you wish.

This is always what I do unless its booked on the one ticket then its the airlines responsibility if you miss your connecting flight. You won't be out of pocket.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Bnx
Italy
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic flight

Get to Manila the night before is the best way but I don't like this option so I'm thinking about the Cebu at 10:20 so to have more time to looking for another flight in the case of cancellation

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,494 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic flight

Actually even a flight at 3PM would be perfect if the weather is good. Weather cancellations because of bad weather is not just a few or several of the flights... it could be all the flights for that particular day.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 20:21
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domestic flight

I would not have a problem with a morning Cebu flight as they are frequent and if they cancel the 9 am cebpacific flight there are others every two hours however keep an eye on the weather for ferry cancellations

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Reply to: Domestic flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted