We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

4 posts
Save Topic
Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

Under any circumstances do not stay in this hotel for the following reasons

1- there are spiders in the room, not just any kind of spider, im talking about big spiders

2- there is no wifi, not in the rooms and also not in the lobby. It says wifi available in the lobby but upon your arrival they will tell you the wifi is not working

3- swimming pool is dirty, the water is so not clear as if it has been there for the last couple of days. I wanted to give it a try but once I got inside I started smelling a weird and undesirable smell in the water

4- it is far from town where the main things are so every time you have to spend couple of pesos to go to the town

5- most important of all, the so called breakfast does not look anything close to the typical and normal breakfast served at hotels, there is only rice, small bits of fish and pork, apple as the only fruit available although coron is rich with different kinds of fruits, sloppy bread with coffee and tea, also one selection of juice.

I stayed in more than 100 hotels but this one is the worst of them all.

I paid 500 pesos a night in el nido and I can assure you it was ten times better than this one

I am not the kind of people who complain about stupid things and as long as im not staying her forever I just pretend I forgot about something bad if I experience it but this hotel is an exception

It is utterly trash, not up to the standards of a basic hotel in such a beautiful place.

Again and once more, not I just dont recommend staying here, I clearly and firmly admit that staying in this hotel would be one of the most terrible experiences in your life.

The very same experience my girlfriend had when she woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, once she switched on the lights she was surprised by the presence of a big spider in the ceiling. So if you want to avoid these paranormal activity-kind of scenarios please dont stay here.

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,406 posts
2,208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

Did you read the recent reviews as they were not great? Overall gets TA 3.5 star rating.

Better off posting a review in the hotel reviews section than here in the forum where it will get lost.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,378 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

Thanks a lot for sharing your information on this resort. Sounds like it was real bad.

I too suggest you also post this as a review here - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g72…

Also, out of curiosity, which resort in El Nido costs 500 pesos and has a better breakfast? I would like to stay there next time - or at least sample their brekky.

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

Sounds dreadful !!!

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,916 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort

Me too, I would love to know where to find that ₱500/night hotel in El Nido and it's a must that the room is also airconditioned (like Coron Hilltop) as it is humid in El Nido.

Mentioned in this post
El Nido
El Nido
Palawan Island, Philippines
Coron
Coron
Busuanga Island, Philippines
Reply to: Concerning Coron Hilltop View Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted