We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap ticket to US

2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap ticket to US

Hi.

I just want ask if it is okay to buy ticket going to US from HK. I'm planning to go to US on november but as I checked it, HK has a cheaper flights going to US than in Philippines. So is it okay if I book a flight from Manila to HK then HK to NYC? 2 different airlines.

Thank you for answering.

5 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,304 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap ticket to US

Yes as long as you realise if you miss your connection you will have to buy another ticket to New York, why not see if the airline flying to New York also do flights from Manila or check on Skyscanner.com for prices

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,748 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap ticket to US

Of course it is OK

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap ticket to US

It's more expensive to fly here than from HK even if you combined the price.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,034 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap ticket to US

If you book 2 separate tickets you run the risk of having a big headache if your flight to Hong Kong will be delayed as if you failed to check-in at HKIA at least an hour before your onward flight then you will pay a lot of $$$ as fees and penalties. You need to pass thru immigration and customs at HKIA then take an elevator up to the Departure area to check-in for your onward flight.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap ticket to US

there are plenty airlines that offer promo fares to the u.s.: eva air via taipei. cathay pacific via hong kong. asiana or korean air via seoul. ana via tokyo. or pal on a direct flight. check when they have promos unless you cant wait anymore and need to buy. if your research still shows your original option as the cheapest way, then you decide what is best for you.

Reply to: Cheap ticket to US
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted