We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

8 posts
Save Topic
Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

Im currently planning to go Cebu and Palwan.

But i just found a really beautiful place called Cabugao Island. But it seems pretty hard to go there :( so i’d like to ask if it’d worth to go there and any advide of route?

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,439 posts
2,211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

How to get there depends on where you are coming from. Here is some ways of getting to Gigantes.

exploreiloilo.com/guide/gigantes-transport/

From Manila you can fly to Roxas and then via bus which will take 2-3 hours for the jump off point to Gigantes.

This is the newest and nicest resort in the area:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-…

I have not been yet but will be going in December so I feel its definitely worth going there.

The island hopping trips incorporate Antonia Point, Bantigue Sandbar

Cabugao Gamay, and Tangke.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,930 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

There are direct flights to Iloilo City from both Cebu and Puerto Princesa (you could choose either Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines). The town of Carles which is the jump-off point to Gigantes can be reached by bus or van from Tagbak Terminal in Iloilo City.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 13:20
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,037 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

It looks as if the island is worth a visit as the reviews here on TA are very positive

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Attraction_Re…

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,247 posts
2,180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?

I travelled by bus from Iloilo City to Estancia, not Carles, and caught a large bangka (capacity about 60) at about 1300 hours - lunchtime.

Gigantes Islands are excellent. Well worth a visit, although I was sick from the seafood. It's great to have a day trip around island hopping once you're there. Terrific scenery, white sand islands, friendly locals and no mass tourism.

Reply to: Is it worth to go to Cabugao Island ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted