We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

Butuan, Philippines
1 post
Save Topic
Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

Im a duel citizen (US and Philippine) and ill be traveling to the US in a few months. I've been trying to renew my Philippine passport but cant get an appointment. It expires about 2 week before i plan to travel.

My US passport is still valid

Can i still leave the country and renew my passport in the Philippine Embassy in the US at a latter date?

6 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

It depends on what passport you entered the country using.

If you came using your Philippine passport then you will have no entry stamp in your US passport so as far as the immigration officer on the desk is concerned you are an illegal alien.

I would go to a BOI office as I suspect they may be able to regularise the situation

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

I don't see that #1 - the OP can carry the expired passport - but be stamped out on the valid US one surely

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,671 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

The policy of the Bureau of Immigration for Filipinos with more than 1 passport is that you should present BOTH passports upon entry and exit of the Philippines. Did you do that?

Mentioned in this post
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

I don't see that #1 - the OP can carry the expired passport - but be stamped out on the valid US one surely

-----------------------------

Yes they can but in my opinion, if it is a departure on a US passport, the US passport has to have visa extensions up to date.

Still worth a trip to the nearest office of the bureau of immigration in my opinion.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

I have no direct knowledge however I would not want to turn up at an airport with an entry stamp in an expired passport and then an exit stamp in another passport.

It is possible to contact the BOI by both e mail or by facebook for the correct answer as to what he should do.

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport

Difficult question and no idea of the answer, better you contact Philippine immigration. If you are renewing your passport in USA allow 6 weeks as they are all sent back to Manila for renewal

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Reply to: Leaving Philippines with Expired Passport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;