We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport valid less than six months

3 posts
Passport valid less than six months

Hello need advise. I am going to Taiwan on Nov20-24 but just found that my passport will expire on April 26,2018. Does anyone experienced travelling to Taiwan with less than 6months validity?

Also, I have another trip this time to Thailand on Nov 26-Dec05.

need help...

18 replies to this topic
3 posts
11. Re: Passport valid less than six months

The trip push through but I did not join anymore. Did not attempt since I may not be given boarding pass.

So its an expense that I wasn't able to use.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
254 reviews
12. Re: Passport valid less than six months

Taiwan is very strict if you will avail of the visa-free program for Filipinos. Your passport should have MINIMUM validity of 6 months. Change your departure date and pay for penalties if you want to go to Taiwan. Renewing your passport would also solve your dilemma.

https:/…2950.html

13. Re: Passport valid less than six months

Alright this is noted. Planning to just move our departure date from Manila instead as another option.

Our scheduled flight departs from Manila on the 8th of February. My Passport expires on the 7th of August.

Is it safe to rebook on the 7th of February? Thats exactly 6months from my passport's expiration

Thank you!

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
254 reviews
14. Re: Passport valid less than six months

What airline? If you will take Cebu Pacific their daily flight to TPE departs late in the evening and arrive the next day so you need to depart on Feb. 6th as you will arrive TPE on Feb. 7th.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 00:08
15. Re: Passport valid less than six months

yes il be flying via cebu pacific. flight is at 11pm and will arrive 2am i believe.

so best option is to book on the 6th and arrive on the 7th right?

Thank you so much for the help

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
254 reviews
16. Re: Passport valid less than six months

Just in case you are free on Thursday (Jan. 18) and you want to renew your passport you can go to the Manila City Hall as the "Passport on Wheels" will be there and you can have a new passport before your trip.

17. Re: Passport valid less than six months

Yes i will go tomorrow. hopefully they accept walk in applicants. thank you so much for the help

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
254 reviews
18. Re: Passport valid less than six months

All passport applicants for the Passport on Wheels are walk-in as reservation/appointment is not allowed. Be early as it is on a first come, first serve basis. I think they can only process 2,000 passport applicants.

https:/…

Edited: 18 January 2018, 04:48
Reply to: Passport valid less than six months
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted