We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Validity to Singapore

4 posts
Save Topic
Passport Validity to Singapore

Hi! I hold a PH passport that's valid for 5 months and 20 days (or so) on the day of my flight which is tomorrow, March 13, and will just be staying until March 15. Will I be allowed to enter Singapore without any problems considering that I already have a roundtrip ticket, accomodation confirmation, and bording pass?

I've seen tons of questions about this topic and I just wanted to know what happened to those who have already travelled to Singapore with the same situation I am in.

Thanks!

19 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

Hi, I have the same case as yours, may I know how did it went? It would mean a lot.

Valenzuela...
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

any update on this?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

I think this is not something to be attempted at all..

Airport authorities are very thorough nowadays at Changi Airport..

Even in a very lucky or unlucky situation that the airline staff @ the airport in Philippines & Philippines immigration fail to spot this passport validity issue , the chances that u get past Singapore immigration is so low...

U will be sent back to the Philippines by whichever airline u took, from the Philippines..

At Manila NAIA , immigration officer requested to see my air ticket out of Philippines as well as my hotel booking.. it's strict everywhere now..

Depending on dumb luck is simply ... dumb...

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,044 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

With a passport with less than 6 months validity you would be lucky if the check-in counter staff will give you a boarding pass, very lucky if the immigration officer let you board a plane and extremely lucky if you enter Singapore without a problem.

Edited: 03 September 2017, 03:40
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

Hi there, just want to know if you’re able to get through with less than 6months passport validity?

Kashiwa, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

Hi all - just wanted to share with you my experience. I had 5 months and 3 weeks left on my passport and was on board Japan Airlines from Tokyo to Singapore. They made me sign a waiver that they will let me board but if anything happened, I was liable for it. Once I reached there, immigration made a note regarding the expiration of my passport. The officer let me in after confirming with his colleague. His colleague said that if your passport is 4 months or less, they send you to the office (to determine whether or not they could let you in?) but as I still had 5 months and 3 weeks, they let me through.

I heard that your first block will be the airline. Most airlines will not let you board with less than 6 months validity.

Edited: 06 February 2018, 23:19
Save Reply
17. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

TiffyTiffy, was there anything you said or showed the airline that you feel help you get them to let you on the plane (other than signing the waiver)? Exiting flight confirmation, proof of residence elsewhere than Singapore?

2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

Lucky you! The airline did not let us in with passport validity that is less than 6 months. Will be aware next time and consciously check passport validity first and travel requirements before making any arrangements. Cheers

Kashiwa, Japan
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Passport Validity to Singapore

Hi FellowTraveler102862, for Japan Airlines, I believe it was standard practice as they had a form and just wrote my name by hand. I didn't show them anything but I explained that I had called and emailed and immigration told me to just try (which they really did) but I had no written confirmation or proof.

Reply to: Passport Validity to Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted