We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to japan need pocket wifi

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
1 review
going to japan need pocket wifi

I'm going to Osaka and will be reaching at Kansai airport at 10pm. I need a pocket WiFi during my trip in Japan. What company would you guys recommend for 17 days stay? :)

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,334 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

Please type Pocket Wifi in the search box above. There are numerous posts on the subject.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
506 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

We used Global Advance and it was at the hotel for us when we checked in. Great service.

Melbourne, Australia
5 posts
1 review
3. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

thank you !

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
4. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

I used Rentafone Japan when I was last there and would do so again. It was waiting for me at the hotel and with an envelope to post it back which I did at the airport.

We went for the slower speed one with better coverage and it was fine except a few rural places we went.

It was a really good size too that just slipped in to the coin pocket of a pair of jeans.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
5. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

We recently used Global Advance Communication for 36 days and were quite happy with their faster speed pocket wifi, except for our 7 day stay in eastern Hokkaido where we couldn't get service. It might be a good idea to send these companies your itinerary to ensure you will get the best coverage before you commit to a rental. Being able to access hyperdia and google maps on the fly was invaluable.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,852 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

All the reputable companies (including Global Advance Comm) have coverage maps published.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
7. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

bibmbob, thanks...I totally missed these maps. Next time I'll be a better informed consumer!

8. Re: going to japan need pocket wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 16:16