We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Anyone have any experiences with pocket wifi rentals? Global, Pupuru and Rentafone are offering them at reasonable prices now. Softbank is also offering one but it is 2x-3x more expensive for the same thing. I think I am going to try one and not rent a keitai this time and just use Skype from iPhone via a pocket wifi device instead.

283 replies to this topic
81. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2017, 15:03

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
82. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I used Japan-wifi.net K and M for my business trip this time. Pocket wifi 4G 305ZT for 5 days with US.$40. Their customer service great too. no problem with coverage though.

Curitiba, Parana...
3 posts
83. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Hey there, ended up using Japan Wifi Buddy, the only provider I could find making use of Docomo network.

I would definitively use their services again when I'm back to Japan. The price is one of the best among other providers, and the signal was available almost 100% of the time of my trip, even inside of trains, deep into country side and even some subway stations. When in more urban areas, you can even count on 80Mb of superfast LTE connection (made available again everyday at midnight).

And the service and contact with the owners is nice and very personal. =)

Melbourne...
1 post
84. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Japan Wifi Buddy is great! The unlimited data was excellent + fast, and they even provided a spare battery. I was in Tokyo for my trip and the signal was available 99% of the time. The service is also excellent and very personalised indeed - always makes such a difference!

1 post
85. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I would like to recommend this company https://www.japanrentalwifi.com One day only $5 , You can enjoy wimax 2+ speed, Surprise! And you can use paypal payment .

Shikoku, Japan
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
86. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I've used several brands on various trips and all worked well and pretty much the same. I would just go for the best deal you can find. Be sure to carry the charger or a battery pack with you if you plan to be out all day and night. I would get maybe 10 - 14 hours usage from a full charge depending on how I used it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
87. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

How much was it and where did you get it from we are heading there in two weeks

Edited: 27 February 2015, 17:13
88. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2017, 15:03

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,870 posts
30 reviews
89. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

This has turned into a spamming thread. People were paid (with rebates/discounts) to provide raving reviews.

90. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 03:05
Edited: 06 March 2015, 03:05

Reply to: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted