We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Anyone have any experiences with pocket wifi rentals? Global, Pupuru and Rentafone are offering them at reasonable prices now. Softbank is also offering one but it is 2x-3x more expensive for the same thing. I think I am going to try one and not rent a keitai this time and just use Skype from iPhone via a pocket wifi device instead.

283 replies to this topic
2 posts
61. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Is it poissible to buy data card @ Fukuoka airport ! because i have wifi pocket on hand !

2 posts
62. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

yes ! i will travel to fukuoka !

Bordeaux, France
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
63. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I am in Tokyo right now, using a Global wifi rental which has been working beautifully all over Tokyo. The company seems to be very responsive. I wanted a SIM for my Android phone but wasn't sure if it would work. They said they'd refund me if not, so I rented the SIM and the wifi. The SIM would have been convenient as there are two of us. However, it didn't work and I contacted Global. They refunded me even before I sent the SIM back. It's priceless to have the wifi for up to 10 phones/tables/laptops and LTE is very fast and stable in Tokyo. I highly recommend Global and this product, the GL6158.

64. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 07:14

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
122 reviews
65. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

We have Global, works well, charge lasts well. It was a bit over $100 for 3 weeks

It's been really handy on long train trips and when we are out and about.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 17:16
Tokyo Prefecture...
1 post
66. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

Japan Wireless is very accommodating and efficient! We only exchanged e-mails prior to the rental -- but everything went so smoothly from delivery to return.The mobile wifi speeds are fast and reliable. The free extra battery was a thoughtful addition. I'll definitely use their services again when I go back to Japan.

1 post
67. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

hello we take a pocket wifi from here http://www.rentalstayconnected.com/ they offer a good quality at reasonable price. It's ok

Pinco

Hawaii
1 post
1 review
68. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I rented a wifi unit from Japan-Wireless and the service received was exceptional. I was able to pickup the device at my hotel upon my arrival into Japan. The service worked reliably and I got the speeds I needed. For the price paid, (5,350 Yen) I would recommend to my friends and would use the service again when visiting Japan.

Manila
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
69. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I have used Pupuru two times so far and have been very happy with their service. They are very reliable with reasonable rates for around USD 55 for a week.

I had a long day trip to see Mount Fuji and was pleasantly surprised that the battery life really lasted for 12 hours as they claimed.

You can check out more about my Pupuru pocket wifi experience here: asiatravelbug.com/blog/…

Edited: 22 August 2014, 00:11
1 post
70. Re: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?

I was in Japan for two weeks and rent with japan wireless dot com. Very good experience, they sent your device to your hotel everything works and they include and extra battery.

Reply to: Pocket WiFi Rental Experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted