We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museums and galleries closing because of Coronavirus

London
Level Contributor
354 posts
9 reviews
12 helpful votes
Museums and galleries closing because of Coronavirus
Save

Not sure if this helps anyone - but I've been debating for a few days about whether or not to postpone by upcoming trip on Saturday. What finally decided me was the news that some of the galleries and museums I'd planned to visit were being closed until at least mid-March. (See Time Out for Tokyo for example).

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Hatsukaichi
Level Contributor
5,623 posts
799 reviews
1,171 helpful votes
1. Re: Museums and galleries closing because of Coronavirus
Save

This shows closures for Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka:

https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
34,387 posts
234 reviews
131 helpful votes
2. Re: Museums and galleries closing because of Coronavirus
Save

Japanese Medical Association has designated March as the month to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections and recommended cancellations of many events and closure of attractions. They also recommended closure of all public elementary and middle schools until the spring break, which means all schools are closed until the second week of April.

3. Re: Museums and galleries closing because of Coronavirus

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2021, 17:40
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.