We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

san francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
24 reviews
Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

Planning on possibly leaving Kyoto on January 8 and taking train/bus to Hagi, spend 2 nights there and then take train to Hiroshima/Miyajima. How long a journey? I know wh have to switch at Y.. station for hour bus to Hagi, thanks

5 replies to this topic
Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,693 posts
317 reviews
1. Re: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

The fastest is to take Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen from Kyoto to Shin-Yamaguchi (@130 min.), followed by Bocho Bus to Hagi (90 min.), or by JR Sanyo Line to Asa, JR Mine Line to JR Nagato, and JR Sanin Line to Hagi (@140 min.), as follows.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6155.html

san francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

Thank you. And then traveling from Hagi to Hiroshima?

san francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

Also does the JR pass work from Kyoto to Hagi?

Can I get a train/bus schedule? Thanks.

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,693 posts
317 reviews
4. Re: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

All JR trains are covered by the JR Pass, and JR Bus can be covered, too, but Super Hagi Bus and Bocho Buses are not covered by the JR Pass.

From Hagi to Hiroshima, you should go to Asa or Shin-Yamaguchi Station by a Bus or by JR trans and then take Sanyo Shinkansen to Hiroshima. Use HyperDia to check the timetable, as follows.

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

san francisco
Level Contributor
564 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima

Thankyou very much for your advice. I did find that I have to get off at shin-yamaguchi station, not just "yamaguchi" station to catch JR bus to Hagi. I think that is the best way.

Reply to: Kyoto to Hagi and then to Hiroshima
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted