We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for travel day itinerary

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
265 posts
177 reviews
Advice for travel day itinerary

Hi! My boyfriend and I are taking a last minute trip to Tokyo and Kyoto leaving this week. This will be our first time in Japan and I have a question:

We check out of our hotel in Kyoto on a Saturday morning, but our flight out of Haneda isn't until midnight. Do you have any recommendations on how/where we should spend our day? We'll each have a carry on suitcase (are there places to store luggage in train stations?)

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

4 replies to this topic
8 posts
1. Re: Advice for travel day itinerary

There are lockers at big train stations, some that are large enough to store carry-on suitcases. They do fill up quickly though, especially in tourist areas, so I would recommend storing them in the morning (before 10am). Or, if you decide to stay in Kyoto during the day, your hotel will most likely store your luggage for free even after you check out. In large train stations like Kyoto, Shinagawa, or Tokyo, they also have luggage storing service desks in case the lockers are full. They are pricier than lockers but at least you don't have to carry your luggage around. In regards to where to spend your day, I think it depends how long you're in Kyoto vs. Tokyo. I would say whichever city you stay shorter, spend the last day there to get the most out of your trip.

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,693 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: Advice for travel day itinerary

As said above, you can leave your luggages art hotel you stayed even after you checked out until the evening.

Alternatively, please leave your luggages at the coin locker in the Kyoto station, or use this service.

https://handsfree-japan.com/en/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
265 posts
177 reviews
3. Re: Advice for travel day itinerary

Thank you to both of you! I’m staying at an Airbnb, so won’t be able to leave luggagethere after check out.

Is there a place between Kyoto and Haneda Airport that you’d recommend for a day trip on the JR line? Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
335 reviews
4. Re: Advice for travel day itinerary

Then put the luggage in a locker in Kyoto Station. Kyoto is a great place, and you will not have seen everything.

Reply to: Advice for travel day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted