We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Japan from the UK

Cape Town Central...
5 posts
Flying to Japan from the UK

Hi everyone! I'm new tp the UK and I know each country has it's best and worst times to book a flight. I'm planning a trip to Japan late May 2019 and looking to book my flight as early as possible but wanted to know when would be the cheapest month to book my tickets?

3 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
866 reviews
1. Re: Flying to Japan from the UK

Why don't you just go to the flight booking websites and keep checking the dates until you find the cheaper ones. That's what we always do.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
350 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Flying to Japan from the UK

Once I checked all year & the prices hardly changed for BA.

On another occasion I managed to get a good price with JAL 7 months before although we had to change once. When I checked again after a month or two, the price had risen a lot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,649 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Flying to Japan from the UK

If you want direct flights then anything under £1000 is a good price. Book as soon as you see it.

For indirect flights a price of around £500 is very good. Once in a while Aeroflot will offer an exceptional deal a around £350.

If flying economy I would avoid Air China (and all of the other Chinese airlines). An ANA flight via Germany is the best balance of speed versus cost, anything below £600 is good.

I find that flying out of BHX or MAN often offers a better price than flying from London. Direct flights are only available from London.

Reply to: Flying to Japan from the UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted