We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short stay in Tokyo

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
short stay in Tokyo

My family of five will be in Tokyo for only three full days in May. Any suggestions on what area we should stay in to be kind of central? I have no idea and need to book some rooms soon.

Thank you!!

5 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
13,481 posts
275 reviews
1. Re: short stay in Tokyo

Not being in any way an expert, I'd say Tokyo has no one center, but rather lots of centers. We liked Asakusa , liked less Akasaka.

Depends what you want to see- the temple at Asakusa obviously attracted loads of tourists so there were plenty of places to eat that had good English. But I can see the attraction of a more "Japanese" places.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
389 reviews
2. Re: short stay in Tokyo

The link below gives information on the main hotel areas in Tokyo.

https://www.japan-guide.com/hotels/tokyo.html

California
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: short stay in Tokyo

Some basics, please. Which Tokyo airport and time of day of arrival and departure. Ages of family members. Tokyo the only part of Japan Itinerary? Budget? More information from you translates into better suggestions for you.

Austria
Level Contributor
191 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: short stay in Tokyo

definitely!

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: short stay in Tokyo

We will be arriving at the Narita airport mid day on a Friday then leaving the following Tuesday. We plan on staying in Tokyo the whole time due to time constrains. Any suggestions of what area to stay in would be great. Thank you!

Reply to: short stay in Tokyo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted