We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in japan

Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Places to visit in japan

Hi

i booked a ticket to japan for 13 days

from 9 to 23 June

also i will book 14 days jr pass

i will travel alone

i need your advise which area to visit and how long

i will enter japan via tokyo and leave from osaka

also i plan to go to kyoto and hiroshima

but truly i have no idea where to go ! to visit in japan

3 replies to this topic
Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
10,163 posts
317 reviews
1. Re: Places to visit in japan

You should stay several days in Tokyo before you activate your JR Pass and you should also stay several days in Kyoto, therefore you don't need the 14 day JR Pass, but the 7 day JR Pass is sufficient to go to Tokyo, Kyoto/Nara, Hiroshima/Miyajima, and Mt. Fuji. Here is a detailed 12 day itinerary for Tokyo, Kyoto with a half day trip to Nara and a day trip to Osaka, Hiroshima/Miyajima, and Mt. Fuji (Hakone or Kawaguchiko) using the 7 day JR Pass for your reference.

https:/…12.Days.Tour.html

Austria
Level Contributor
191 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Places to visit in japan

Maybe you want to do a little research, e.g. at www.japan-guide.com or buy the lonely planet discover japan (not the big text-rich book, the one with a lot of pictures). We do not really know your preferences, and there is really so much to see there...

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
958 reviews
3. Re: Places to visit in japan

Honestly speaking you need to research Japan. Look at the Japan Guide as mentioned above, and also get click on "things to do" for each of the areas you plan to visit.

My recommendations would include Tokyo, Kawaguchiko (or Hakone), Osaka and Kyoto (and Nara).

Reply to: Places to visit in japan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted