We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Group Japan Convoy

Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
Big Group Japan Convoy

1. I have a group of 4-7 where are the best sites to book for big groups? Some websites have a maximum of paying for 6 seats?

2. When is the best time to book for traveling to Japan from Eastern/Mid Canada in Mid-End of March 2019?

3. I want to fly on a weekend but it looks like if I did that, I would lose travel time. Is it smarter to book for a Saturday or Friday, which is cheaper as well?

4. At what time in the next year should I look for cheap flights? I heard the time I should start looking is 160 days before my traveling period?

5. Is it better to pay for the flights all at once or book individual flights one by one? I don’t personally think so, but someone else suggested that.

I think that’s it, more might come up though. Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

6 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,852 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

1. find a capable travel agent

2. within 6 months

3. so it takes less time to fly to Japan on weekdays? I don't quite get the logic. Anyway weekday international travel (Monday - Thursday) is cheaper

4. it's airline trade secret. start paying attention to airfare within 6 months. Also boxing day / cyber Monday sale - if history is an indication.

5. find a capable travel agent.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 03:11
Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
2. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

Thanks for the reply!

Why do you suggest to get a travel agent?

California
Level Contributor
4,300 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

We live in an era of DIY, but I still use a travel agent if traveling with more than immediate family because then the agent can coordinate everybody's travel plans. Plus agents have relationships and can sometimes provide insights and discounts we don't know about.

Of course, this is dependent on the agent, but do not be quick to be dismissive.

Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
4. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

It’s not that I don’t think they will do a good job, I am just concerned about getting charged more because of using a service. I am a student after all, and I don’t got tons to spend. And my own sense of pride for a good job well-done. Ha ha

But you do raise good point since one of our possible trippers lives in Kentucky. I think I will look into a traveling agency for the flights, the rest I want to do alone

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,852 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

Last time I booked tickets for 6 people, I asked for and got a discount from the travel agent.

Booking hotel for 6 or 7 is not a problem for DIY.

Hamilton, Canada
4 posts
6. Re: Big Group Japan Convoy

I’m not booking hotels, just at hostels or staying some peoples houses

Reply to: Big Group Japan Convoy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted