We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Kutacane to Parapat

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
18 posts
From Kutacane to Parapat

Ciao,

i am looking the quickest way to get to Lake Toba (Tuk Tuk) starting from Kutakane.

can be possible in 1 day and get in the evening in TukTuk?

4 replies to this topic
athome
Level Contributor
560 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: From Kutacane to Parapat

one day possible .. start early > Kabanjahe > P. Siantar (Simpang Dua) > Parapat.

or take a stop in Berastagi.

or via Pangururan but with less frequent transport.

Samosir
Level Contributor
521 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: From Kutacane to Parapat

Dear Argonfusion,

The quickest way would be with a private car and you will be on the road for 7 to 8 hours. The alternative is public transport and you should add some 3 to 4 hrs to your travelling time.

In my opinion the best route for you is: Kutacane, Sidikalang, Tele Hill, Pangururan, Simanindo, Tuk Tuk.

If you go for public transport start as early as you can as you possibly don’t want to get stuck in Sidikalang.

Enjoy the ride.

HORAS !!!

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
18 posts
3. Re: From Kutacane to Parapat

seems there are few option…

1. renting a car was an option, but then i am force to do all my Holiday with it...and i was plnning to use only local transport

2. do buses travel by night in Sumatra?

thank again!

athome
Level Contributor
560 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: From Kutacane to Parapat

Kutacane to Tuk Tuk only day time pubic transport.

If I were in Kutacane .. the day before ask at the transport offices what time is the first ‘bus’ (can be small bus) to Sidikalang ? and Kabanjahe ? .. and with that information make your choice.

Kabanjahe to Simpang Dua have buses every 30 mins .. Simpang Dua to Parapat about the same frequency.

Via Sidikalang is shorter route but public transport to Tele and Pangururan not frequent.

Nothing wrong with overwintering in Sidikalang, nice climate, full-on market, good coffee and tuak at the Buffet Horas, amazing Catholic Church and the ok Hotel Angkasa Raya has wifi.

Sidikalang big town with lots of food. Might starve at Tele

Reply to: From Kutacane to Parapat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted