We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

2 posts
Save Topic
4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Hi there, I will be travelling to Indonesia in mid-March for 1 month, I plan on spending approximately 25 days on Sumatra and the rest visiting Jakarta And Yogya. I am looking for some advice on my travel plans, any help would be greatly appreciated! So far my trip looks as follows:

- Arrive in Padang

- Padang = 1 night

- Bukkitingi (including surrounding area Lake Maninjau and Harau)) = 6 nights

- Travel to Kerinci National Park = 1 days

- Kerinci National Park = 6 nights

- Travel to Padang = 1 days

- Padang = 1 night

Fly to Medan

- Medan = 1 night

- Travel to Lake Toba = 1 day

- Lake Toba = 5 nights

- Travel to Berastagi = 1 day

- Berastagi = 2/3 nights

- Travel to Bukit Lawang = 1 day

- Bukit Lawang = 2/3 nights

- Travel back to Medan

I will then either add Jakarta and Yogya either at the start or the end of the trip. Is this trip feasible in terms of time? Is this route the best way to travel from place to place? How difficult will it be navigating the Kerinci area (eg getting around, finding accommodation) and will the weather be ok this time of year?

If anyone has any other recommendations for stuff to do, please let me know :) I am particularly interested in culture, nature, music and surfing. Thanks!

20 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Hi Matt,

we were traveling in Sumatra last March (22 days) and for us the must sees are: Bukit Lawang, Tangkahan and Banyak archipelago for sure! I think in some of the Banyak islands there are good surfing spots, but I'm not sure. Berastagi is also nice. My husband went on a trekking on Siberut and for him that was the highlight of our Sumatra journey.

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Hey Matt

Me and a friend are going to Sumatra in May 2018 for a month too, and have totally similar interests as you.

So I was wondering how your travel was and if you made sone changes to you original plan?

We d totally appreciate your help!

Nicolas

Edited: 11 December 2017, 15:07
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,807 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Hi Nicolas B,

As you posted in the topic that is one year dead, I'd suggest you to try contacting the OP via PM by clicking on his screen name ( from desktop version) and choosing " send a message" option that will appear under the member's avatar on the profile page.

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Thx alright

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,807 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

No biggie....

16. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2017, 21:12

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

It's too bad that so often people who asked questions here don't come back to give feedback on their actual trip or even leave reviews.

1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

Thats true, I also contacted him directly but no answer so far....

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,807 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

It only means that the member is not interested in further discussion or abandoned his TA account.

athome
Level Contributor
348 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary

‘not interested in further discussion or abandon’ …. would seem a harsh conclusion.

Might also be the member has chosen not to receive email notifications (or spam filtered) and only logs in when planning a trip.

BTW .. would preference Leuser over Kerinci.

Reply to: 4 Week Sumatra Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted