We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time in airport when landing w international flight

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Time in airport when landing w international flight

With what time I have to consider when I land on Sunday around 3pm with international flight (Emirates from Dubai) to arrange VOA? I have only hand baggage and want to take local flight to Yogyakarta but don't know if 3 or 4 hours is enough to get off from one flight and board to another.

Mentioned in this post
Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,403 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time in airport when landing w international flight

dante007,

This forum is a great place to collect valuable information to plan your stay in the JKT City. You will meet people from different places - locals and visitors from different countries - all willing to share with you their knowledge and experience of this destination.

Note these contributors are volunteering to spend some of their time to provide hints, tips and advices so you can enjoy your stay. Please feel free to squeeze a small "Hello" and "Thanks" in your questions; this would be greatly appreciated and won't take you much of your time.

Edited: 28 August 2013, 19:36
Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time in airport when landing w international flight

Schonefeld, sorry if you feel that I'm ungrateful. I think that everybody who is using TA forum would be thankful to everybody who answers here. Even without being 100% polite every time.

I try to do same answering work in my country's forum also (ok, can't beat your 17K+ posts) and for me is absolutely ok if questions are concrete without unnecessary compliments or whatsoever. I much more appraise if I will be thanked afterwards.

Just habits are different - I'm from cold nordic country and this seems to reflect my behaviour too.

I try to include these standard courtesies in my questions next time posting questions here

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,403 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time in airport when landing w international flight

dante007,

<<and for me is absolutely ok if questions are concrete without unnecessary compliments or whatsoever>>

Obviously we see things differently ( and that`s OK), but you`ve come to my * house* seeking my advice. The simple politeness is the only currency we trade helpful answers in here. Otherwise we ( especially me) may leave your question unattended. The unattended questions ( children) will be eaten.... by eternity...LOL

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If your onward flight to YOG is with Garuda, 3-4 hours are totally fine for connection. If different airline, please specify??? Also i have to point out that Emirates these days are prone to delays, and by my own recent experience: none of my 4 latest flights with them departed and arrived on time.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time in airport when landing w international flight

Hi there,

I do not care much abt the courtesy as this is a public forum and your query is courteous enough for the purpose.

VOA would generally fast, taking approx 10-15mins on average.

Thus, 4 hrs connection would be sufficient.

I recommend you to take domestic flight by Garuda as it leaves from the same terminal with emirates - just different concourse. Other airlines` domestic flight will leave from different terminals

Hope this helps

5. Re: Time in airport when landing w international flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 14:19