We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

London, England...
4 posts
Save Topic
Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Im looking for some guidance on visas required for staying in Indonesdia.

I am a British citizen interviewing for a professional job in construction for large Australian company based in Jakarta.

if successful in securing the job I will relocate where the company will arrange a suitable visa and work permit on my behalf.

my question relates to my girlfriend; we are not married and would be travelling on single status. does anyone know if this is possible (long term) and if so what type of visas should be obtained to make this legally possible?

thanks for any help you can offer.

andy

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Hi Andy,

The best answer (and most accurate) will come if you talk directly to your nearest Indonesian embassy or consulate with regards to immigration matter.

As I know, "does anyone know if this is possible (long term) and if so what type of visas should be obtained to make this legally possible?" This kind of arrangement is not available to non-married spouse.

For a single to have a long-term stay permit, it would need a guarantor which necessarily someone who has reside in Indonesia for certain period of time. I suggest you to talk to immigration department at Indonesian consulate/embassy to clear the matter.

For type of permit available from Indonesian immigration, you may learn more through imigrasi.go.id/index.php/…masa-berlaku (use google translate if the English version of the site is not working)

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,357 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Andy B,

1/ Unfortunately your girlfriend has no legal ground to apply for multiple entry visa for Indonesia ( a year validity).

2/ Ditto, she does not qualify for Limited Stay Visas that are given for the purpose of: Foreign Investment, Employment in a Government/Private sector, Education, Training or Research, Religious duties, Joining Husband and or a Parent who is a foreign national in possession of a Limited Stay Permit or who is an Indonesian citizen, for the wife and / or single, legitimate child(ren) who is/are under 18 years of age.

3/ Your ( her) best option is Social Cultural Visa. Maximum length of stay in Indonesia is 60 days (extension available at local Immigration Offices close to where the applicant stays). Requests for Social Cultural Visas are submitted to the Indonesian Consulate General in the country of your residence.

Mentioned in this post
London, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Hi guys (both)

Thanks for your prompt responses and link to additional information regarding visas. I have contacted the embassy however is proving a lengthy process...will continue chasing!

Both - would you recommend any areas I should look to find accommodation in? Accommodation would be provided to me whilst in Jakarta.

I would be working from the head office in Talavera office park, JI.T.B. Simatupang kav 22-26, Cillandak Barat.

Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

Andy

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,357 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

<< I should look to find accommodation in? Accommodation would be provided to me whilst in Jakarta.>>

1/ not clear - who`s got a vote in decision - you or your employer??? Please specify.............

2/ Talavera office park, JL.T.B. Simatupang kav 22-26, Cilandak Barat.It`s JKT south, it`s feasible to look for accommodation in that area. Jl. Pangerang Antasari or Kemang is the best for you to minimize time to get to work.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
London, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Well an allowance would be provided for accommodation however I would choose location, type of property etc.

Is the area itself close to many good places to go for shopping, dinner, bars, cafes etc?

Andy

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,357 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

<,Well an allowance would be provided for accommodation however I would choose location, type of property etc.>>

Chose Kemang Village then..................

http://www.jakartaresidences.info/

https://www.facebook.com/kemangvillage

http://www.kemangvillage.com/

2 br apt will cost you about 1800-2000 USD/ month.

London, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Hi

Thanks a bunch for information and links. Will take a look though and maybe the rest will take care of itself!

Thanks again

Andy

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Kemang is a lovely area and is a haven for expats in Jakarta (especially Caucasians)

Cilandak is also close to Country Woods Residences.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
61,357 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

Andy,

you`re welcome............

10. Re: Visa for a partner moving to Jakarta Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 15:05
;